ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

big brake conversions

Titanium 182

whos got 1 on a 16v

wheres best to get one, bb,k tec etc.....

how much

i quite like the look/sound of the 300mm bb one but at 330 with out vat and then needing delivery of a large product aint gonna be cheap about 450 ish

:( thats a little much, anywere else do cheaper ones!?

K-tec do a 285mm conversion for £225+vat - I have just fitted it to my Clio (http://www.mcmillan-uk.com/clio/brake302.jpgwww.mcmillan-uk.com/clio/brake302.jpg)which had 16v brakes as standard. I havent bedded them in yet, only done 100 miles, but they do seem to have a lot more bite than the standard brakes.

What ever you do dont buy anything from Hispec Motorsport - they are a bunch of cowboys.

Titanium 182

erm is that for a new 16v

im onabout the old valver :)

they do look nice think i want bigger than 285s 2 as iv got 17s

350z & 16v Maxi

Quote: Originally posted by CraigM on 12 October 2003

K-tec do a 285mm conversion for £225+vat - I have just fitted it to my Clio (http://www.mcmillan-uk.com/clio/brake302.jpgwww.mcmillan-uk.com/clio/brake302.jpg)which had 16v brakes as standard. I havent bedded them in yet, only done 100 miles, but they do seem to have a lot more bite than the standard brakes.

What ever you do dont buy anything from Hispec Motorsport - they are a bunch of cowboys.

Hate to tell you buddy but the K-tec ones are actually Hi-Spec ones!!!!

i may be selling 285mm bigger disc conversions with caliper spacer brackets for clios soon, they will be substantially cheaper than the ones you lot are talking about. ill give you more info when i get them.

may also be available with larger calipers too

Titanium 182

il take some of them 285s to if your making some but you say std size 280mm this maybee on a 172 but im talking valver! son!

wilwood is good stuff

hispec is also aint it how are they cowboys!

ideally id like 300mm :D to look big behind my 17s but i dont have a need for them!

im trying to sort out sum discs around the 300mm mark cos igot 17s too nd may as well utilise the room i got, like i said be4 ill keep you updated. theyll be for a valver too, so dont worry ;)

Ive got a set of 312mm tarox 6-pots from elite in essex on my my mk1 valver with 17s they did cost a bit thou 1400 including fitting.

Titanium 182

bloody hell mate, that sounds ace, get pics up pls

im now thinking 4pots with 300mm

i really dont have a need for 6pots or that much money either!

182 cup pack

So do they worth their money????

Im also thinking about this kit..Do they fit easy,and can they fit in 15s?(i asked David via email and told me yes but 285mm are huge:D)

Hi Spec kit is what some of my Lotus owning pals use, good product, but Hi spec themselves have a bit of a reputation for not being in too much of a hurry to do stuff, but if its an off the shelf kit should not be an issue. http://www.potn.co.ukwww.potn.co.uk (or com) now stock Hi Spec if you are looking to compare prices.

Clio 172 cup

Quote: Originally posted by Dean on 15 October 2003

285 aint that big iv got em on my saxo and if u have 17s id go for 300
Fact- are you willing to pay hundreds of pounds on huge brake discs just because they look good?

unless you have a clio with huge amounts of power ( granted Red16 will need them) you most certainly wont need them, the clio is such a light car.

Its up to you mate but if you want superb braking then stick with the standard discs and use an upgraded pad such as Pagid (these are f**king amazing)

But if you want huge discs that will look fantasic behind your 17s then go ahead and blow all your hard earned money

Clio 172 cup

Also Rally design no longer do the 285mm kit for the 16v/willy because they had too much hassle from customers complaining they wouldnt fit behind the standard alloys

Titanium 182

why whats red16 running?

i do want good brakes? and yep to look good

but iv got a enclosed indcut kit, full magnex and decat, and after xmas im going for head work and wild cams with hill power chip, i know this stil wont warrent 6pots lol

but i want them upgradin, 300mm

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Quote: Originally posted by BrynO on 15 October 2003

Hi Spec kit is what some of my Lotus owning pals use, good product, but Hi spec themselves have a bit of a reputation for not being in too much of a hurry to do stuff, but if its an off the shelf kit should not be an issue. <A target=_blank href= "http://www.potn.co.ukwww.potn.co.uk (or com) now stock Hi Spec if you are looking to compare prices.
Hi-Spec r defo good value, id like the 4 pot kit with 285mil discs as they r around 450 all in so defo worth it as they stop u VERY well.

Hi rob the discs are 40 groove they are part of the kit im afraid im not sure if you can gett bigger discs.Pictures should be up sometime soon.

ps.just check the receipt for the kit and apparently there actually 318mm and cost £1149 excluding fitting

Titanium 182

yeh get picsm up318mm sounds wicked

i fancy the brembo kit that sum lads advertised on here

not yet im not, but its in the pipeline. need to get my ar$e into gear and finish off the work needed to complete it!!!

Quote: Originally posted by GRC79 on 15 October 2003

So do they worth their money????

Im also thinking about this kit..Do they fit easy,and can they fit in 15s?(i asked David via email and told me yes but 285mm are huge:D)

The 285mm conversion is dead easy to fit - took me 2.5 hours to fit it all and I wasnt rushing. The kit comes with different caliper carriers (from a R5 GTT) for the 1.4/1.6 16v Clios. It does fit under 15" alloys with no need for wheel spacers - it is a pretty tight fit though.

The kit does give quite a bit of extra braking power, as soon as youtouch the pedal you can feel them working. I also havent managed to get any brake fade either which I could get on the old 40 groove Tarox discs.

As fo Hispec motorsport, their stuff looks like its well made, nicely priced, but their attitude is sh*te. The kit I ordered from them didnt fit properly - the pads were overhanging the edge of the disc by about 4mm (http://www.mcmillan-uk.com/clio/hispec001.jpgwww.mcmillan-uk.com/clio/hispec001.jpg) and it was also missing various bolts needed to fit it. After about 30+ phone calls to them trying to sort out the problem they sent out some different pads which were no different. They then started to get quite aggressive and said they would send out a different bracket but refused to say when they would do this. When I asked for a refund they refused to give me one so I ended up having to go through trading standards and Visa to get it sorted - really not worth the hassle.

Amazing how companies like Hi-Spec stay in business if they treat their customers with such disrespect! I had the same problem with another very similar company back in the day when I was running around in a Fiesta turbo.

Talk to Jimbo on RSC, hes developed his own extender brackets, that you can use with 285mm discs of another Renault..