ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big Brakes on 172

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
the brakes were so good on it thats why you lapped him......... no....
? Calm down dear, it was tongue in cheek. As said, I've been on track with 2 cars running the kit. The one I passengered in was quicker than mine, as his was highly modified, but there was no difference in braking ability.

It's not a criticism of the kit, I just think the standard set-up is pretty good.

E39 M5 & Corsa track
i was being sarcastic....

as said before i do agree a good set of discs and pads on the clio is an excellent brake upgrade, but for me personally 4pot had more power.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
4 pots obviously have more power! Bigger brakes...Therefore more power!!

"BIGGER IS BETTER!" - I hate that expression! :(

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
For me, the main advantages of "Bigger Brake Kits" are:

.Pedal feel is greatly improved
.Stopping power is improved
.Cool Points for the looks
.They tend to hold fade off much better

That would apply both for my M3 and past clios, they also give more confidence in the car for track work (IMO)

I had the GDI willwood kit and the Compbrake kit on the clio...they were both pretty cheap kits and the build quality was not the best on either (never had any big problems tbh)

The compbrake kit took the prize out of both for me though TBH, pedal feel was better and they seemed to feel more solid under the foot.

Clio 172 turbo
thanks guys for your help , i think im going get 285 HI-SPEC 4 pots so can still run 15's and not as exspensive on the disks :) plus the kit is £250 cheaper

Clio 172 ph2
Wilwoods are fine. The bracket GDi designed which misses about 6mm of the disk on the other hand...Not so!

Can you please give me the part number for the necessary Willwood calipers? I tried to browse the Wilwood's online catalog, but there are a lot of different models, sizes and other technical info... :dapprove: Thank you!

320d
The standard brakes are good. Well mine are shot now actually so i'll be going for Brembo HC and DS2000's I think. Although i'm tempted to just go standard as I don't do track days.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I ran 310mm Wp pro disc on mine. Got them Prima racing. Fitted under standard wheels too. They don't list them on their web site anymore but they can still get hold of them.

They were very good indeed. But the pads only came in Carbon great for braking but not for you wheels or bodywork.

But after 2 sets of pads and discs I've gone back to Brembo carbon and DS pads. Which are ok. and a lot cheaper.

But I think these set ups use a the Caliper hanger off a Megane or Espace. and same goes for the disc I think. Might be wrong through. So you could just get hold of the parts yourself.
Said Clio /Megane on the box.

Ted

Last edited: