ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big Lum's 182 track car project

Cro

Meg'd r27
Can't think what i'd do better with those seats, that cage and that wheel! super so far :) Quick release boss on the wheel for getting in?

Clio182Clio1.4,Hilux
THats not bad, surely must be able to get them from renault or even renaultsport like the steering wheel?

Yes you do get them from Rsport in London who are very helpful and a really nice bunch. Seats are out of the 197 cup racer car and embroidered for the Clio Cup races. Makes selling them on difficult as they are now limited to anything Renault.
Prices from Rsport are nearly £600 a seat once vat and delivery is added and the Renaultsport laser cut aluminium side mounts are nearly £200 a set. The drivers side is slightly more expensive as it's the instructors seat in the 197 race car so they don't sell many and it's special order from France.
They didn't fit first time because of the B post roll cage hoop, so it broke my heart but I had to 'trim' one part of each side mount.

The quick release steering wheel boss is so I can get in and out with some dignity!

Clio182Clio1.4,Hilux
Update from today, fitted the samco hose kit and stainless header tank, decided on the location for the battery.
before,
GEDC0311.jpg

after,
GEDC0465.jpg

Clio182Clio1.4,Hilux
Haven't spent much time on the car recently with work being busy. So did a bit today, realised that the new header tank fouled the V6 airbox, so re-positioned that 35mm left. Refitted header tank and airbox, still to touch up where I cut the original studs off. Trial fitted the new battery just in front of the passenger seat against the old seat strut. And finally re-fitted the front end to make it look like a car again! Suppose to be going to paint the interior at the end of the month - a few late shifts coming up. :(
Some pics from today,
GEDC0467.jpg

GEDC0468.jpg

GEDC0469.jpg

GEDC0470.jpg

Clio182Clio1.4,Hilux
Time for an update,
Most of the work is now complete with the bare interior painted it's just taken time to refit everything back in neatly. The dash needed trimed to fit around the cage but I wanted it nice a close. Hopefully I've achieved a nice tidy professional looking build that I set out to do. Still to fit drivers footplate, cage padding, mirror and wipers.
Comments welcome,
GEDC0567.jpg

GEDC0568.jpg

GEDC0575.jpg

GEDC0570.jpg

GEDC0569.jpg

GEDC0573.jpg

Hopefully get out now to a Knockhill trackday.