ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Big problem with my Cup

Nissan R35 GT-R

Hi Guys/Girls,

For the last few days a knocking sound has been evident under hard acceleration. Yesterday I was illustrating this to a couple of mates on my way to see the Matrix 2, and the car all of a sudden broke!

The steering became really heavy (as if the power assistance was working AGAINST me), and a horrible grinding sound could be heard every time I turned the wheel.

Limped it to the car park, called the AA, watched the film, and then came out to meet the AA guy when it had finished.

There was no fluid in the power steering reservoir at all (the rest had all leaked onto the floor). So at 4am this morning it was recovered to Renault Croydon (in Coulsdon) and left with them.

I phoned them at 9:30 this morning to find that they had already diagnosed the fault (a major leak in a high pressure area) and the parts to fix the immediate problem had already been ordered.

Im really missing my baby, but I fear that there may be more damage than just a split hose. In any case, its being fixed and I cannot complain about the level of service from both the AA and Renault Croydon. If the car is not back by the weekend Ill have a courtesy car too.

Will keep you posted.

Laurence

320d M Sport

watch they dont erase or balls up your New ECU while its in! Reno have a habit of making more problems

went back to the garage with mine and the mechanic i took out for a spin seemed to think that it was just the gearbox catching up with the engine! mine clunks when going from 1st to 2nd and under load.

He said that it sould be driven at 4k revs and doent really like smooth driving, its a race car etc.

He was good cuz he said if i was still worried about it book it in and theyll strip it and look at the engine mounts etc.

Revels Mum & Sister

CarloUk

Banging under wheel spin. dont worry mate. lots of cars do that!!! My old Nova GTE used to do it!!! That was at 80,000 miles and nothing had broken by around 120,000 so no worries!!

Nissan R35 GT-R

Yea the film is well worth seeing. Make sure you know exactly what the first one is about before you watch it though or youll be scratching your head all the way through.

Ill be speaking to Renault today about possible causes etc so will let u all know the outcome.

Cheers guys

Laurence

Buster - if no-ones mailed you yet, Cup is short for (I think) Renault Clio Sport 172 Cup.

Im sure theres a lot of people on here who will explain in more detail! Do a search for Cup and you should get plenty of posts come up! ;)

FROSTY:-

Mine has been back three times for leaking Power steering fluid from the pressure sensor union joint (just in front of the alternator).

The first time they replaced the washer.

The second time they re-tightened it.

The third time they replaced the switch as I had noticed the plug/socket kept filling up with fluid.

Sorted now.