ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

bigger brakes!

Right i wanna get bigger but imo the upgrade kit from ktec is overpriced.i was wandering if anyone knew if any brakes from other vehicles fit as i want to fit 280mm discs,i know a few meganes had this size but obviously i need to space my caliper out more,any suggestions as to how i can move my caliper out?just get an engineer to make some brackets?did it to my saxo vtr and used 206 discs and spacers for less than half the cost of these

BB TUNED 182 (220BHP)
I myself have vented discs front and back (bbpt) braided hoses and mintex 1144? pads,

I really want them for the looks tbh i had a hi-spec kit on the williams they looked the part but were cack!

Last edited:
Good thread this, ill be keeping an eye on this as im after a bigger disc.

i have already found a disc from another renualt thatll fit but the disc will be further out than normal but that wont be an issue if its to have a metal spacer made so it will take it into account

i tried machining my own brackets to fit 2 litre calipers from a 172/182 to mine, but its pretty complicated, as obviously the holes for the caliper bolts are wider apart on the RS ones............

i thought it cant be that hard, they will have kept one in the same place, and just moved one of the holes...........turned out they havent, became a nightmare, and i never got it machined well enough to make it fit.....i was going to run 172 hubs on the 1.2 wishbones etc, which would have worked, BUT, my coilovers are 58mm spacing, where the hubs were 54mm, and i didnt want to bodge it :(

i got the brakets + disks from the ktec setup for cheap, and been using that since

i was looking at yours in your progress thread and i really want it but refuse to pay 250 quid!

i was looking at using original calipers with bigger discs and spacers,which is what most 106 and saxo owners did with a massive improvement in braking power hence why i wanna go down this route.
then i can get some decent pads,grooved discs and braided lines :)

ValverInBits
my Idea was to buy some willwoods or something and then get a bracket fabricated for those. You could get a few brackets made and sell em on here.

ValverInBits
i was looking at yours in your progress thread and i really want it but refuse to pay 250 quid!

i was looking at using original calipers with bigger discs and spacers,which is what most 106 and saxo owners did with a massive improvement in braking power hence why i wanna go down this route.
then i can get some decent pads,grooved discs and braided lines :)

elegant solution, keeps it simple.

yeah, so basically if you want to do that, you need a copy of the brackets KTEC ship out to extend the caliper out to take upto 285mm disks........i might have a go at machining a copy of mine tommorow as ive got fu*k all to do

ValverInBits
yeah, so basically if you want to do that, you need a copy of the brackets KTEC ship out to extend the caliper out to take upto 285mm disks........i might have a go at machining a copy of mine tommorow as ive got fu*k all to do

surely it's a simple bit of maths with the PCD of the caliper bolts and the disc diameter difference and robert is your fathers brother.
Get on it mate. Make yourself a couple o bob ;)

surely it's a simple bit of maths with the PCD of the caliper bolts and the disc diameter difference and robert is your fathers brother.

making a copy of my ktec ones is........the other isnt really, lol, as i didnt have a 172 hub to work with, and had to take the caliper off mine every time to check dimensions, thats why i gave up lol

yeh thatll be right,how would i go about machining them though?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I myself have vented discs front and back (bbpt) braided hoses and mintex 1144? pads,

I really want them for the looks tbh i had a hi-spec kit on the williams they looked the part but were cack!

Why do you want bigger discs, why not just upgrade the pads and lines?

yep,i can upgrade the pads and lines no probs but they still look poop with a set of bottle caps for brake discs

Fair enough guys, good luck.:)