ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bike Engine in a mini lol

Clio DCi 100
I know its off topic & hardly the point, but how economical would a mini with a yamaha bike engine in it be? :) could it be used as a mad but useable day to day car too?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Put a bike engine in a car and its hard to drive in traffic. The bike engine's flywheel and clutch are designed to get a couple of hundred kilos moving. Put it in something that weighs three times that and its a pain to launch. You don't have enough flywheel weight, and the clutch is easy to burn out. So if all you're talking about is driving to and from the track its probably quite adequate. But get caught in stop start traffic and its a nightmare. Its a question of what YOUR day to day traffic is.

FF 182
The minis are only about half a ton. You have to cut most of the mini off fot the bike conversion. I would not suggest this to be a good day to day car. The type r engine in the back would be better. For starters you have a reverse gear!

Clio DCi 100
The minis are only about half a ton. You have to cut most of the mini off fot the bike conversion. I would not suggest this to be a good day to day car. The type r engine in the back would be better. For starters you have a reverse gear!

Oh yeah forgot about that one! ;)
Can anyone answer wot the economy would be like tho? massive power tiny weight....

Can anyone answer wot the economy would be like tho? massive power tiny weight....

If you asking questions about MPG. Its not the car for you.

My A series powered Mini is well under 500kg's and only returns 7mpg. 15mpg around town.

The bike powered minis also drink to.

And its the chains that wear more than the clutchs. Expect changes about every 2000miles. Honda power is best for MPG.

Clio DCi 100

My A series powered Mini is well under 500kg's and only returns 7mpg. 15mpg around town.

And its the chains that wear more than the clutchs. Expect changes about every 2000miles. Honda power is best for MPG.

Honda bike engine power or car engine power?
Hav heard of sum ppl fittin a Honda 1.6 VTEC engine in there for an instant 130bhp, would that put my MPG around 40?

I want a quicker car that i can use for commuting as well as fun

Mustang, S13, AX GT

Honda bike engine power or car engine power?
Hav heard of sum ppl fittin a Honda 1.6 VTEC engine in there for an instant 130bhp, would that put my MPG around 40?

I want a quicker car that i can use for commuting as well as fun
B16B engine isn't it? thats 160hp...

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IHSLy9u8e58
i was marshalling at this rally, when it was dry this thing flew but in the wet, well the vid says it all

Ive seen this before on events (it's probably illegal now), and it has had alot of lightening done to make it as quick as it is

This was a one off front engined (R1) rear drive mini. Built and prepared by Zcars for a customer. And your right now illegal.

Yep. Honda car engines will produce better drivability. But any conversion of this sort is quite testing to drive on the road. In car noise, alone is enough to drive you mad.

The easiest conversion Zcars do is the Saxo Honda conversion. No welding needed.

It's worth visiting Zcars for a look. But be warned you'll need deep pockets for their toys.