ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Billabong mods

hi, im a new member, this is my firt post. by the way, top site!

ive just bought a brand new clio 1.2 16v billabong, in black (based on the dynamique sport, i beleive).

it comes with a years free insurance.

i was wondering if mods will effect this, as i wouldnt mind tints, tasty OZ superleggras, a bit of ICE, double spoiler, and possibly a bit of lowering.

would i be able to do such things?

any help much appreciated. Thanks

yes the free insurance basically works like this:

say your mod was 90quid...they would add 90 quid onto your excess...see what i mean?

i was told my ice was totally covered with no change to excess..so long as proof of purchase is available.

mods like colour coding and clear lights dont effect the insurance..you really have to phone and check

yes the free insurance basically works like this:

say your mod was 90quid...they would add 90 quid onto your excess...see what i mean?

i was told my ice was totally covered with no change to excess..so long as proof of purchase is available.

mods like colour coding and clear lights dont effect the insurance..you really have to phone and check

excellent mate, thanks alot.

looks like i might get them plasitc bumpstrips sprayed then.

would be grateful of any further tips

thanks

Modifications to the car whilst you have the Free Insurance are limited to Renault parts and accesories only and up to the value of £1,000. Mods between £1 and £250 increase the excess by £100 - mods between £230 and £1000 increase it by £150.

If you want to query anything call them on 0870 120 3121

okay.

so for example, renault parts (up to the value of £1000 in total) are covered by the free insurance no problem.

eg: if i fitted double spoiler and 172 rear bumper, this would not effect the insurance, as the mods would not exceed £1000?

thanks again

hmm you might be right there jeremy, cause my increases would match that range..i just assumed it worked as i stated above.

might get some 17s then if its gonna only increase by 150.