ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bimarco Futura's with OMP Subframes and Side-mounts

LY Megane R26
Evening all,

I'm looking at buying some Bimarco Futura seats for my 172 Cup.
So does anybody know if using OMP subframes and then OMP side mounts will work with these seats?
What side mounts would be best to use as OMP sell 3 different types on Kam, Demon etc bit confused on the differance.
Would it be a case of just bolting it all toghter without any cutting/drilling or metal work? I don't mind if there is a little tbh, just not silly amounts.

Now obviously this means they will be in a fixed position as no runners. But how much movement will I be able to have before I bolt them down?
Say can I bolt onto first holes, realise I don't like, un-bolt and move forward slightly etc?

Cheers
Scott

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
the sidemounts will bolt to any side mounted seat fine as theyre a standard disntance, as for mounting them to subframes you may have to drill holes.

if you get the same sidemounts as ive just fitted, the bolt holes in the sidemount are offset from each other so once you drill the holes, youll have very little forward and back movement,

and only about 1cm up/down adjustment at the front and some lead adjustment.

Basically, make sure they in the correct position before you drill them,

LY Megane R26
Cheers for that mate, don't see why I'd have to drill holes tho if it's OMP mounts onto OMP frames? What Mouts have you just fitted?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i only say that because the OMP sidemounts are not as long as usual side mounts are!! but as you say, being the same brand it should all simply bolt together!!

but im looking on the bay now and it seems that they come in the whole range of shapes and sizes!! so tbh, i think youre going to be absoluley fine!!

i just purchased these
http://89.206.185.119/images/ebay/jjc/omp_350mm-low-pro-blk.jpg[img/]

but i went for a rather unconventional method of fitting!!
[ATTACH=full]901200[/ATTACH]

low seating position ftw!!

Attachments

• IMG_0685.jpg
    IMG_0685.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 251
  LY Megane R26
Haha thats crazy mate, and looks far back! I know there is a lot of Subframes tto choose from hence why I'm a bit stuck:/

I ordered some omp subframes from ebay. Didn't have to drill a single hole :) using recaro side mounts though.

My seats do sit at a slight inward angle for some reason. Unsure why!

LY Megane R26
Awesome Dan, I did read ssomewhere that the OMP subframes do sit slightly towards the middle of the car but this can fixed with a strip of metal or washers.
Once the frames are down how much movement to you get on the mounts? Was yours just bolt down and that's it or could you move it forward to match the holes again and bolt down?

images_medium500px_HC779PAIR.jpg

These are the exact ones ive got, give a bit of movement as you can see by the elongated wholes. The metal isnt that thick! so can soon make your own holes as you please :)

LY Megane R26
That's the ones I'm buying, set on eBay at the moment for £32 and they finish at 11 tonight so should get the for cheap:)

LY Megane R26
Well I got them, £83 + £15 P&P. I'm a bit of a fool really as on Tuesday the seller said I could have them for £80 delivered! But I thought I'd hold out and see if I could get the cheaper, Hey ho!

Watching a few harnesses on eBay to so touch wood with them too.

LY Megane R26
It's not £3 mate, Its £18! haha.
He was going to post them at £80 and in the end I paid £98, still a bargin tho I suppose:)
Yes mate, ordered and posted today from Poland, should be 3-4 working days. Worked out about £408 for two seats delivered and from what I read on here there comfy:) Not sure why there £100 less than shops over here tho:/
Got my eye on a few Harnesses at the moment and need some sidemounts but not sure out the three OMP ones to choose from! Think it will be the cheapest and just get the drill out if I want them lower:)

ph1 172
Ah whoops lol Didn't read that very well, need new bins;)

Sounds alright to me, and out of the three are any of them ally? If so go for them :)......and ignore the price!

LY Megane R26
There both Sablet mate! Has to be to match my wheel;)

I quess it's just for easy installation etc, as rather than undoing to rear bolt all the time you just un plug and remove harness from seat?:/

ph1 172
There both Sablet mate! Has to be to match my wheel;)

I quess it's just for easy installation etc, as rather than undoing to rear bolt all the time you just un plug and remove harness from seat?:/

Don't know what your talking about mate :rasp:

And I would assume so too, can't see why else?