ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bit of a question for the Engine Boffins....

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Not a expert, but the your current exhaust wont fit on to the 182 manifold,

As for the loom there will be a slight differance, not sure exaclty what you would need to do though.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
182 one is 4-2-1, 172 one is 4-1,

Not sure how the end differs all i know is that if you want to fit a 182 manifold to a 172 you need to change or modify the exhaust system.

ITB'd MK1
if you're changing just the engine, it will fit with minor changes to plumbing (very simple) If you want the 182 manifold too, you will need a link pipe (de-cat or sport cat) from the manifold to the exhaust

172 Monaco
i would rather just keep my manifold if im honest would that not be possible?

and what changes to the plumbing would be needed?

thanks

elliott

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
^ i thought that was just the ph1 that was cable throttle?

alien green rs133
the carbon canister also has a different route on 182 than the 172, but with the correct pipe shouldnt be a problem

Mondeo TDCI 130
Carbon canister...................? I have one of them, in bens workshop somewhere!!!

Sell your broken engine to dave! ;)

Sorry to hijack this post but i am in the same boat as youhad major issue with my ph2 172 and just got a 182 engine be nice to know what i really need to change. It may be the bottom end damage on mine.

P.S have you got 182 engine yet? I will have a 172 top end in mint condition for sale soon if you have not already got your self sorted. Sorry admin / mods not making this into a for sale post.

See this thread here

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=438405

ITB'd MK1
What versions come/don't come with a carbon canister then?

they all did

just a completely different hose. You can leave the canister there if you're worried about tank breather fumes, wont make any difference, just leave the pipe off to the engine. all you'll need then is a piece of hose, and a bung (bolt will do the job) and a couple of jubillee clips, OR just use the 172 ph2 plenum which doesn't have the take-off