ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BIT STEEP FOR A CAT D CUP

BMW Z4 3.0i
So someone offers him £3500. Would that be a ridiculous price for that car? I don't think so. His car would probably be worth £6000 without the crash you reckon? So at almost half price I'd say that's ok?

Might be worth haggling for £3250 because of the door. If it's a decent repair you're getting a lot of car for just over £3k reckon, only low miles on it.

I would probably rather have a straight ph1 than a bent ph2 tbh, i ve driven two identical cars back to back, one clean and the other a cat c. The cat c just didn't feel right, it felt loose and sloppy and just generally not tight and together, has put me off them for life.

I would not buy that example if i was looking for a cat D cup.

Only as i dont think the repair has been done very well. As mentioned by Josh

Clio 172 phase 2 cup
Depends on price and how it drove ultimately. Ive seen catd/c with scrath damage and no more so there obviously the ones to buy compared to heavy smashed ones. As mentioned the headling / bumper looks like a earthquake has been there.

172 Cup
i would say that its worth 3k all day long. its been up for sale a while so you might get him down a fair bit. Obviously would have to check the repair though.

www.renparts.co.uk
Looks Like he has Skimped on a front panel, Which is why there is probably no picture of the engine bay, Probably Looks Like hiroshima under there.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Nice dent in the door too.You would of thought he would of got it as mint as possible to sell it,its got enough wrong with it in the first place without skimping on the bodywork

ph quick
id have paid 3.5k for hat when i bought my clio...

Do cups really have thinner door glass?

porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
Well mine was a cat D and has slightly higher miles and sold for more than that. It went to the first person that viewed it too.

You can moan all day about the pro's and con's about buying a previously damaged/recorded car , the only way id recommend it is to buy the car in its damaged state and get it repaired yourself.

That way you know its had a good repair done to it and will definatly be cheaper than buying one thats repaired already.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Well mine was a cat D and has slightly higher miles and sold for more than that. It went to the first person that viewed it too.

You can moan all day about the pro's and con's about buying a previously damaged/recorded car , the only way id recommend it is to buy the car in its damaged state and get it repaired yourself.

That way you know its had a good repair done to it and will definatly be cheaper than buying one thats repaired already.

Good points