ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bitcoins (and other crypto currencies)

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Seems to be gaining today, massively!

I purchased £500 worth early last week and was worried I was bit late to the party ... seems not!

Bmw 330d
So glad I purchased this random ‘bitcoin’ back in 2017

Attachments

• 345A047B-831D-47D0-8771-D5AB0AA1BC56.png
    345A047B-831D-47D0-8771-D5AB0AA1BC56.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 146

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
So glad I purchased this random ‘bitcoin’ back in 2017

Forgive me for being stupid but I have no idea how bit coin or anything else works but all I know is 5 old work mates jumped into this a couple of years ago and lost a lot of money, One guy got a couple of guys , the couple of guys got some more guys and the guy that started it said he was getting £100s but it never happened and they lost the lot.

They where paying money to some guy who was trading it for them I believe.

Are you trying to tell me with your one bit coin you have £31k sitting there that's yours and no one can take any of it away from you ?

Screenshot 2020-12-26 at 21.12.43.png

Bmw 330d
Forgive me for being stupid but I have no idea how bit coin or anything else works but all I know is 5 old work mates jumped into this a couple of years ago and lost a lot of money, One guy got a couple of guys , the couple of guys got some more guys and the guy that started it said he was getting £100s but it never happened and they lost the lot.

They where paying money to some guy who was trading it for them I believe.

Are you trying to tell me with your one bit coin you have £31k sitting there that's yours and no one can take any of it away from you ?

View attachment 1512461
Correct. Trading bitcoin is like trading anything, and is very easy to lose money. I’ve never technically been down on my official investment but I have owned bitcoin which has been significantly less valuable than it was in other times of my ownership.
I own it, it can’t be touched, I could sell now for $31k or I could hold onto it for it to increase/decrease in value. I don’t know what will happen but am willing to take the risk to find out.

Last edited:

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Correct. Trading bitcoin is like trading anything, and is very easy to lose money. I’ve never technically been down on my official investment but I have owned bitcoin which has been significantly less valuable than it was in other times of my ownership.
I own it, it can’t be touched, I could sell now for $31k or I could hold onto it for it to increase/decrease in value. I don’t know what will happen but am willing to take the risk to find out.

Crazy, I know if I had a so called £31k GBP sitting in fresh air I would be wanting the money.

Its one thing having it as a bitcoin but its another thing walking into the Clydesdale bank and seeing £31k that you could withdraw there and then.

I would love to invest into it but ever story and everything I have heard or people I personally know have lost £100s through other companies and pyramid schemes

Bmw 330d
Crazy, I know if I had a so called £31k GBP sitting in fresh air I would be wanting the money.

Its one thing having it as a bitcoin but its another thing walking into the Clydesdale bank and seeing £31k that you could withdraw there and then.

I would love to invest into it but ever story and everything I have heard or people I personally know have lost £100s through other companies and pyramid schemes
I invested on the basis that in the future bitcoin would be worth what gold is today, that may or may not happen I don’t know. Of course £31k would be nice but it won’t change my life at all, I also invested in the hope that I could make a life changing amount if the future of bitcoin was as promising as everybody was saying so we will see. It takes less than 5 minutes to reduce it into my bank account, there’s no issue there.
Unfortunately you’ve met people who’ve trusted uneducated people to trade it for them, that is bad news. The golden rule I was taught when I bought was to keep hold of it, I’ve done exactly that and haven’t lost a penny.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
Flying now, am nearing £17k. I was pessimistic it was going to pick up so much this late in the year, but I'll take it.

That's £5k in under a month 😲

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I invested on the basis that in the future bitcoin would be worth what gold is today, that may or may not happen I don’t know. Of course £31k would be nice but it won’t change my life at all, I also invested in the hope that I could make a life changing amount if the future of bitcoin was as promising as everybody was saying so we will see. It takes less than 5 minutes to reduce it into my bank account, there’s no issue there.
Unfortunately you’ve met people who’ve trusted uneducated people to trade it for them, that is bad news. The golden rule I was taught when I bought was to keep hold of it, I’ve done exactly that and haven’t lost a penny.

how much did you initially invest?

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Has anyone got a share in Bitcoin ETP? On T212?
Not sure if it’s worth getting some before it becomes closed to new positions on the 6th?

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
I've been buying small amounts of Ethereum, nothing that will make me decent money but just enough to get a feel for the fluctuations.

It's up 150% in the past six months. Anyone else got money in it?

Bmw 330d
I've been buying small amounts of Ethereum, nothing that will make me decent money but just enough to get a feel for the fluctuations.

It's up 150% in the past six months. Anyone else got money in it?
Yeah I’ve got 2 Ethereum, did have 4 but sold 2 for £2k profit back in 2017 and put the money into an Altcoin called Tron.
Managed to buy my first ETH for €179 😂 crazy, should’ve bought more!

Bmw 330d
Ive got a s**t load of Tron too. Changed from Ethereum. Think it will ever rise?
I hope so, got 28,000 of the f*****s 😂 I stupidly bought them when they were at their ATH. The owner guy, Justin seems pretty switched on in regards to the vision he has for Tron so I think it will rise somewhat, how far I’m not sure.
Although at the moment I wish I’d kept the Ethereum. I’ve staked all of mine on Binance for 30 days, gives me an extra 650 TRX for doing nothing which I thought was decent.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
I took some profit from the ATH. Sadly down to my last full btc. But I would hold off buying any crypto until it drops. I think this drop will be huge and Im thinking 15k will be the target area.

Bmw 330d
I took some profit from the ATH. Sadly down to my last full btc. But I would hold off buying any crypto until it drops. I think this drop will be huge and Im thinking 15k will be the target area.
I don’t think this huge drop everybody is predicting will actually happen, why would it? Because it happened once under very different circumstances? No chance

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
I don’t think this huge drop everybody is predicting will actually happen, why would it? Because it happened once under very different circumstances? No chance
Just my own views but just the ATH never last and drop. Btc was sitting pretty at 15k for ages and I have a feeling it will drop to that stage again.

Either way I cashed some out and will buy when it drops again.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Seeing some nice returns on my Eth now :love:

A friend is about to take all of his Bitcoin out and buy a car. He's made crazy money from it.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
What's everyone's thoughts on regulation coming for Bitcoin? I think the institutional backing has given it way more credibility, but still worried any heavy handed regulation could tank the price. Or is there too much money from funds involved now for them to "allow" governments to step in?

Plus there's so many countries sorting out their own digital currencies right now, will (can?) central banks force Bitcoin off the top spot?

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
What's everyone's thoughts on regulation coming for Bitcoin? I think the institutional backing has given it way more credibility, but still worried any heavy handed regulation could tank the price. Or is there too much money from funds involved now for them to "allow" governments to step in?

Plus there's so many countries sorting out their own digital currencies right now, will (can?) central banks force Bitcoin off the top spot?
Think there's too much coming in now for them to let it slide.

Be interesting to see what happens with any countries own digital currency though.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
£25k was always my do I take some profit point, if it carries on like this that's only a couple of days away. Decisions, decisions.

Or do we stick with Mel?

hold.gif

Bmw 330d
What’s everybody’s plan for the future? Where and when do we reach the top?
Will $50k be enough of a milestone to cause a dip due to people selling off? It’s definitely a target point for me to offload a chunk which got me thinking.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
Well must have been a decent sell wall at $40k, I'd expect a monster one at 50k, it's an important number I think. I'd be considering a decent cash out near there definitely.