ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bitcoins (and other crypto currencies)

So, anyone deal with them or invest in them?

Crazy to see that 1 BTC (bitcoin) was worth $2 this time last year, currently now worth $190...

Some people are making some huge profits here!

Started mining LTC (litecoins) myself, will get around 4-5 a day, currently worth around $4 each!

Clio 172
IIRC, you are given a program, and you run it on a computer. Your computer does s**t loads of maths and algorithms, and every now and then you get one coin for your hard work.

Takes a long time to get anywhere, and some people have farms (basically, lots of computers) doing the maths 24/7.

I think it's something to do with finding a "block" with algorithms and stuffs, what a block is I don't know, I guess it's like a game?

But doing it on your own, will take years before you even generate a coin, from what unread

Last edited:
  Bus w**ker
LOL, if you saw £5 a month I'd be surprised. One of my properly geeky mates posted up a bitcoin mining device specific to the task on FB the other day, £2,500. With the amount of people mining now, especially those doing it from a commercial angle running farms, the chance of you happening across a hash with one device is slim to none.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Interesting read that on Wiki, and I've still got no idea. How does one mine?

​This lol

But from this thread I gather; you buy a bitcoin. Load the program into your computer. Your computer does loads of math s**t and may, some day in the near future, possibly find you a block which you can trade for Internet money?

BMW F21 125d
Can I not just buy some bitcoins, with actual cash, from a broker?

They are over £60 each now, they were £2 each 18 months ago!

And then sit on them for a few years and make actual cash back, its a limited currency, by 2040 no more will be "created".

banther

ClioSport Club Member

And then sit on them for a few years and make actual cash back, its a limited currency, by 2040 no more will be "created".

There is a Malta based bitcoin hedge fund specifically for BitCoin. Name escapes me

yes you can ..... i looked into it all when i needed some for a website membership .....

there are a few of us that looked and being honest it all looks to flakey/dodgey and open to huge risk just to buy one from sources i looked at .....

nothing to stop it being a nigerian the other end emptying your bank account/loading up your credit card

http://www.slate.com/articles/techn..._from_inside_the_digital_currency_bubble.html

BMW F21 125d
I've looked at a couple of sites, and they are £200 EACH, where as on the stock exchange they are only $240 ish, which is like £150.....

Clio 172
Interesting.

Have a read up on what a Radeon HD 5970 is capable of mining then ;).

It's not the capabilities of the hardware though is it?

I thought it was more the fact that the makers made it harder to find a block, may be wrong though

My mate bought some bitcoins to use on some dodgy site where you can order litterally anything. As they was a minimum spend he's actually made money.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
This is all a bit
MV5BMTk4NTk4MTk1OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTE2MDIwNA@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

for me.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I bought 1 BTC for like 12 dollars earlier this year when I had to pay for something. Mental how crazy the price spiked to.

Reactions: seb
  Clio
How do you buy one? Do you get an email saying you got 1 bit coin or is it more like a online bank account?

Nissan 350z
Surely the time it takes to mine will end up costing you more in running your computer 24/7 under "load" than the coins are worth?