ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Clio, Suggestions?

182 Full of Fat
why not....lol

27042010035.jpg

Stagecoach Ticket
I would spend as little as possiable mate you will only regret it when you come to sell up iam not a negative person just done it myself.

IMO best mods would be:

RS grille - £40
Silvervision Bulbs - £5
Aero flat wipers - £10
Fresh plain number plates - £20
CTR aerial - £5
Colour coded side strips - £50
respray your interior strips in black ( Price of paint) (£2 for a new airbag sticker in silver from ebay)

£132 Spent and you will have a really tidy looking OEM+ clio

Good polishing, waxing and interior cleaning makes the world of difference aswell

One Phat Clio
I would spend as little as possiable mate you will only regret it when you come to sell up iam not a negative person just done it myself.

IMO best mods would be:

RS grille - £40
Silvervision Bulbs - £5
Aero flat wipers - £10
CTR aerial - £5
respray your interior strips in black ( Price of paint) (£2 for a new airbag sticker in silver from ebay)

Good polishing, waxing and interior cleaning makes the world of difference aswell

i got a little aerial and grill and bulbs changing ack bcos i prefer silver rather than tacky orange....:cool: thanks alot for ya support, about the Aero flat wipers, where can i find these? Do you reccommend a smaller numer plate of fancyplates.com or wht ever it is?

cheers, alsothanks for peoples picture posts, sum potencially, JELIOUS clios!!;)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
yea fancy plates will sell the clean plates, i seriously wouldn't bother with smaller ones. As for wipers look on ebay for "clio flat wipers" loads will come up

BG 182 FF

IMO best mods would be:

RS grille - £40
Silvervision Bulbs - £5
Aero flat wipers - £10
CTR aerial - £5

I've done pretty much all of those modifications to my car, although the pic was taken before I fitted the sport grille. You get the idea though.

SNC10137.jpg

One Phat Clio
Grilledit3.jpg

:rasp:

grilledit.jpg

Amazing how small changes make a considerable difference;)

Grilledit2.jpg

grilledit1.jpg

Most up to date pictures. A friend said that banging coil overs 60mm low would ruin the ride?:S

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
look at mine lol coilovers ruin your ride only things coilovers do is ruin the bottom of your car like me and shaun (s23) have.

Ph1 Williams No: 112
coilovers are the single best mod i have bought for my car.. i would recommend you do that

ride isnt really bad until you go over 90-100mm tbh, but then it looks so good you wont care ;)

One Phat Clio
Are those pics before or after you sprayed the grille?

Didnt other spraying grill mate, Joey said he didnt bother and his car looks sweet. So i left it, looks alright, massive change i reckon. next mod i really want to do now thanks to you lot is LOWERAGEEE haha, definitly will look cool as so i guess the ride feeling wont matter:approve:

Cheers again for comments and pictures are more than welcome:D

LY R26
Oh, coilovers? Reading fail... :eek:

Yeah, as above, they're great tbh!

must agree with this, love them for the price, sooo much better than standard, took beef and firas out in them and they both agree for the money they are very good, think i even maybe convinced beef to invest in a set;)

black cars can be made to look nice very easily mate, every colour works with them, if you have a talent on photoshop just try things out and see whether you like it mate!

EDIT** thought joey linked the coilovers haha! become a full member and go to the group buy section and go to the non sport coilover groupbuy and get a set of them, very good imo!

Last edited:
  Stagecoach Ticket
Np mate

Tesco sell flat wipers at like £8 a pair work aswell as brand name ones which cost around £20

Dnt bother with a small plate such a waste of money and create so much hassle as there illegal

Coilovers on a 1.2 are the biggest waste of money Possiable (Awaits abuse from keyboard warriors and sheep)

If you must go lower get a apex 40mm kit or a eibach sportline kit around £100 brand new might even be able to get a second hand deal off here.

Dnt bother spraying badges or rubbish like that either mate. Subtle mods is so much more mature and look so much better.

Good wax and polish is best mod you can do, go to the detailing section there be some ideas in there autogylm high def wax and SRP are good for the price and available online or in places like halfords if you need it locally. PM if you need any help

Stagecoach Ticket
Ah dident realise you were paying £130 thats not bad at all then.

I was thought you were looking at spending out big on them around £500

One Phat Clio
must agree with this, love them for the price, sooo much better than standard, took beef and firas out in them and they both agree for the money they are very good, think i even maybe convinced beef to invest in a set;)

black cars can be made to look nice very easily mate, every colour works with them, if you have a talent on photoshop just try things out and see whether you like it mate!

EDIT** thought joey linked the coilovers haha! become a full member and go to the group buy section and go to the non sport coilover groupbuy and get a set of them, very good imo!

cheers bud for the feedback,

can i pick up the coilovers from independant sites? may become a member in the future.....really need t lower the car mek it look sporty! everyone loves the coilovers!! i wanna join in lol:dapprove: :rasp:

One Phat Clio
Np mate

Tesco sell flat wipers at like £8 a pair work aswell as brand name ones which cost around £20

Dnt bother with a small plate such a waste of money and create so much hassle as there illegal

Coilovers on a 1.2 are the biggest waste of money Possiable (Awaits abuse from keyboard warriors and sheep)

If you must go lower get a apex 40mm kit or a eibach sportline kit around £100 brand new might even be able to get a second hand deal off here.

Dnt bother spraying badges or rubbish like that either mate. Subtle mods is so much more mature and look so much better.

Good wax and polish is best mod you can do, go to the detailing section there be some ideas in there autogylm high def wax and SRP are good for the price and available online or in places like halfords if you need it locally. PM if you need any help

I agree little simple mods, may change wipers mine are lame atm.

i own a 1.4, but realy wanna lower it using the "all famous" coilovers :boring:

Joey, £130? i dont believe u hav told me where i get sum? Any external links u can bang on here for me and others bcos im not a cliosport.net member yet. Thanks alot if you find anything.

Jimbo-Clio vheers for ya input, got any pics of your clio?

Evo 8 MR
Cheapest coilovers I've seen are circa £300.

That's still not bad though considering lowering properly with at least springs and shocks costs only slightly less.

One Phat Clio
Cheapest coilovers I've seen are circa £300.

That's still not bad though considering lowering properly with at least springs and shocks costs only slightly less.

precisely, how can coilovers cost £130 then? If i lower on Eibach 60mm springs with dampers thats guna cost like £220 or sumat silly:(

I agree little simple mods, may change wipers mine are lame atm.

i own a 1.4, but realy wanna lower it using the "all famous" coilovers :boring:

Joey, £130? i dont believe u hav told me where i get sum? Any external links u can bang on here for me and others bcos im not a cliosport.net member yet. Thanks alot if you find anything.

Jimbo-Clio vheers for ya input, got any pics of your clio?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Coilover-Susp...arParts_SM&hash=item255a554a77#ht_2103wt_1165

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Lowering Front: 35-65
Lowering Rear: 30-50

Eeekkkkkkk for that you may aswell buy a 60mm full spring and damper kit

to be honest, they're Far better than just running springs.
for the price I can't fault them! although only time will tell how well they last i guess.

Are they not similar style to the "Raceland" coilovers that sport owners have been buying?

i found springs very crashy - they smashed into bumps/potholes etc, where as the coilovers are smoother. they just bounce over them instead! if you're used to 60mm springs, you'll find the ride better IMO.

Stagecoach Ticket
100_0400.jpg

100_0405.jpg

Thats what it used to look like its going back to standard now front bumper will be on pandoos car at the weekend.

Any lowerd car will loose comfort

My eibach springs were like £70 look alright and the ride was fine