ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black Gold Clio 182 Daily Project

Megane 250
Still enjoying the car, give it a quick clean and polish last night and love it tbh looks so good.

I was having thought of selling this and breaking my track car and getting a megane R26, but I love the Clio and like having a desperate car for for track.

Quick picture I took -

64d56476243e64b0ee15eded8aa2c2b6.jpg

Megane 250
Anyone have any ideas of what else I can do? Smaller mods, I like the little things that keep me amused and don't cost a bomb!

Megane 250
No update as such but Me and @SimpleJoee went to Llandow circuit yesterday to see what was about on track there, Then decided after this to go for a few pictures and some exhaust video's with the GoPro, As I actually remembered it this time.

My Exhaust:-
]

Joe's Exhaust :-

Last edited:
  Megane 250
Had to get 2 front tyres fitted today, in the middle of moving house.

2 new Uniroyal rainsport 3s, was gonna buy 2 for the rear as well but with moving house I need to keep funds just in case anything pops up!

ce82dc205609b37e8fa6711b62c427e6.jpg

dc66ac01cf6d32e9a6dff84f65e75311.jpg

02eea7dda334ba601ca4fa1bf6e3cfec.jpg

Love this little car. Makes me want to get some wind deflectors and a new set of wheels on mine.
Not sure you should put a picture of you disposing of a body on here.

Megane 250
Love this little car. Makes me want to get some wind deflectors and a new set of wheels on mine.
Not sure you should put a picture of you disposing of a body on here.

Cheers dude! It's been used and abused this last week or so, absolutely filthy it is, fingers crossed next weekend I'll have found all my cleaning stuff from the house move and can give it a good clean and polish up.

Weren't disposing of a body there... We were putting it in the car lol

Skoda Fabia VRS
I found out mine has had heko's in the past due to the top of the glass being scratched, needs must. New purchase coming.

Megane 250
So today was a good day.

@SimpleJoee organised a local cliosport meet, 6 clios and a fiesta turned up, we went from Merthyr, to Brecon to Llandovery over to the black mountains then back to ystradfellte falls and home.

Brilliant way to spend 5/6 hours, just over half s tank of petrol and around 160 miles.

It was the first time I've driven the Clio hard and it was brilliant but I do need to change my suspension, I'm too low and it's very bumpy.

I'll probably upgrade to cup shocks and cook sport springs which should give me a nice comfortable daily, look well and handle even better on drives out like today.

I would also like to change my exhaust but that's not high up the list as I also still need to change my sump and get the belts done which I may do in the new year.

Anyways, Joe is going to uploaded a few pics for me shortly from Flickr.

Brilliant day.

Megane 250
So nothing had happened, I've just been using the car and enjoying it.

Anyways Christmas Day, I was driving back from my mothers and there was an accident on the M4, so had to take a detour down some lanes to get to where I needed to go.

I hit a pot hole and thought nothing off it, steering was pulling to the right a touch, got home it was dark, emptied car and went in the house. Boxing Day I didn't use the car, so yesterday j went out to go out and found this.

4f266ae071b930ccbd4df5b30554804d.jpg

84d1f5ad7c5a0611937b8a627125a39a.jpg

92b4f799ac60a8547e2ee0841099669f.jpg

So today I drove back down the same road to have a look at the pothole and here's what I found.

0d8af6759c3af7dc9eea89fa4983754b.jpg

2379085ed3cee50333eea3cc86bc5336.jpg

Looks as if I've caught the cats eye, so I've got an email going off to the local council to put a claim in, I doubt anything will come of it but I'll be keeping on to them.

So it's on some terrible condition 182 alloys I had thrown in with the car and I have it a quick clean earlier.

05054fcc9583083fb39abc0e8f50fab9.jpg

May try and source another set of F1s... Typical as I've just sold my 2 spares :(

Or wait a while and get a set of speedline 2118s, unsure yet as I don't really want to spend on the Clio, as it's a daily but I may do.

Megane 250
Clio passed the MOT on Friday just gone for an advisory for a low front tyre.

Also had a letter from the solicitors dealing with a claim I have put in to the council for the damage so will get on the phone to them tomorrow.

I will be on the lookout for a new F1 alloy and get them all refurbished again, just waiting for the terrible weather to leave us first.

Or I might get some 2118s, I'm not sure yet and I'm considering ditching coilovers for cup shocks and cooksport springs.

Car will be treated to a good clean on the next dry day off I have, as it's looking terribly sorry for itself lately.

81e2bf0676afdb6f8320c9b7ff278934.jpg

Coming up to 100k. Also considering boosting it, while off yet, but I enjoy the car, just feel it needs a little more power... And well... I'm bored, but with having my GTi as well this will wait a while.

Megane 250
Picked up another F1 today and some paint to spray it, come summer I'll get them all refurbished again.

b56eef4d6671a97a8c2e673cdcb29278.jpg

Then when I went to pick up some harnesses from a guy who owns a 182 and a V6 he also had this with him and I couldn't say no.

5d1ca5beec9e735ec4a0419a451ba7a6.jpg

Shortly the track car will be where I'm happy to just use it for a while.

So I'll be sorting out some bits on this and get it looking and driving well again!

clio phase 1. 172
Still enjoying the car, give it a quick clean and polish last night and love it tbh looks so good.

I was having thought of selling this and breaking my track car and getting a megane R26, but I love the Clio and like having a desperate car for for track.

Quick picture I took -

64d56476243e64b0ee15eded8aa2c2b6.jpg
Dude i can not belive how deep that color is
Awesome