ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

black mk3 1.2 16v Extreme (Pic heavy)

1.2 16v
Well I already had a thread but it was sh*t and didnt pick up because I didnt realise how long I was going to be unemployed for, but now I'm employed things are starting to pick up pace!

so, the day I bought the car in may 2012, the 15s look so small man!

justsold.jpg

First thing I did was take it to my sisters and have her boyfriend help me clean it up!:

cleanside.jpg

clean-back.jpg

cleanfront.jpg

Then between then and up till lately there was a few things done and then undone. Including carbon wrapped bits which were then unwrapped and wrapped with bright orange bits and then unwrapped again. I then had a pioneer head unit and an 1800 watt sub which was an awesome combo but sold them because I thought I was selling the car but then ended up keeping her!

Then now I have a job, as she stands now: Debadged the writing off the boot, stubby aerial off the M.A.D ebay page, show plates of the private plate I've recently purchased (obviously not on apart from in the photos), silvervisions all round, 197 seats.

clean rear:
IMG_0316_zps397de1e0.jpg

clean front:
instacar1_zps29b83326.jpg

197 seats which I got in awesome condition from a member! (Tom Garvie):
IMG_0333_zpsd86c997d.jpg

Then today I've purchased Team Hekos expected to arrive wednesday, Rota Grid V's, 16x8, et 20, bronze! Going to look awesome once on, which wont be until I've got my coilovers, specifically AP.

thats all for now, cheers, bye.

p.s. sorry about the size of the pics, dont have a clue how to make them smaller.

1.2 16v
Cheers mate, nope but I want one! It needs a new lower grille cos the clips are broke on one side I think, it's popped out and I can't get it to clip back in.

Superleggera'd MK3
YES!!!! Been waiting to see what a mk3 will look like with Grids! Hurry up and get your coilovers lol :)

1.2 16v
Should look awesome, was going to get grid drifts but they're et10.

Haven't got tyres for them but ill trial fit one when I pick them up to see how much they poke.

Possibly going to be August I get coilovers cos next month I'm getting some bodywork repaired.

Superleggera'd MK3
Yeah man, love both grids and drifts.....especially in the bronze colour. You gonna go for 45 tyres or 40?

Will be keeping my eye on this :)

1.2 16v
I've gone for the grid Vs, bit of dish :p going for 195/45, so will be a tiny bit of stretch.

1.2 16v
AP coilovers been ordered today :) got 2 weeks off work at the start of July so everything's gunna get done then

1.2 16v
Popped to revolution to see what tyre offer they could do me, turns out these bad boys had just turned up!

null_zps349eace5.jpg

null_zpsca75b6de.jpg

null_zpsd4c98e8b.jpg

1.2 16v
Lol will do guys, coilovers should be here tomorrow hopefully.

Cars booked in for body repair on 1st July, away for 3 days to get repaired then brakes all round/coilies on/wheels on in the same week hopefully :)

Dom have you got a private plate? Thought I might of saw you near the high street this morning.

Lol will do guys, coilovers should be here tomorrow hopefully.

Cars booked in for body repair on 1st July, away for 3 days to get repaired then brakes all round/coilies on/wheels on in the same week hopefully :)

Dom have you got a private plate? Thought I might of saw you near the high street this morning.

Yeah mate I do, X27 DJD. Wasn't in gosforth today though.. Hmm.. Haven't seen any other blue SX's in Newcastle either hahaa. Should get some photos when your car is sorted as I'm ordering some springs and alloys this week too :D

1.2 16v
Yeah definitely mate. I don't know if you've heard of Secta NE, I'm out with them most weekends, should come out sometime dude.

1.2 16v
Picking up 3 Rockford fosgate 10" punch p2 subs tomorrow and an amp next week. My mate who's an electrician does boot builds on the side and has agreed to do mine :D

1.2 16v
Go on Facebook and search "Secta Staff". Surprised you haven't heard of them tbh quite big locally. Have a monthly meet first Sunday of each month from march-September, then a mid monthly meet, tbh we go out most weekends haha.

The next big meet is summer maDDness at the end of this month which is a memorial event, but the next Secta one is "the big one" in July, last year there was about 800 cars. Ill add you on FB and keep you posted dude.

EDIT: wrong way around, the big one is before summer maddness according to FB.

1.2 16v
Coilovers arrived today guys, it's getting closer!

Booking cumbriavag, obviously not showing but want it to be ready for then

1.2 16v
Checked the wheel fitment on the rear today... Nice bit of poke.

null_zps695b134c.jpg

Yet to check the front, will do that tomorrow.

1.2 16v
Finally got round to checking the front fitment, awesome...

null_zps73702902.jpg

Also picked up these bad boys yesterday...

null_zpsce532948.jpg

1.2 16v
Needs new discs and pads, belts need checking. In for body repair on the 1st for 3 days then everything's getting done within the week after hopefully! So excited!

1.2 16v
So last month was dead due to paying for my body repair, been paid today.

Been to drop my wheels off to get tyred up, ordered some anodised red lockers, and ordered a pair of drop links. Also ordered a bung as I've dewipered the boot.

Moves being made tomorrow, pics will follow.

1.2 16v
Looks very tidy mate!! Tempted to go a little lower? :p

I would say tire shine and colour coded plastics = win :D

The only reason tyres weren't shiny is because I was at my mates unit in a very dusty industrial estate haha. Thinking of getting rod of plastics lol.

1.2 16v
Next on the list:

5mm spacers all round - where's best?
Rear tints
Discs +pads
Small boot build + door components
Interior retrim