ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black wheel bolts...

200 FF Storm Grey
Any places do them without the rediculous prices that I've seen? :dead:

Or would you recomend just spraying them? Paint not come off as soon as you tighten them back on?

Golf GTD Mk7
how much have you seen them for? Powder coating them might be a bit more long lasting, but it will damage when tightening anyway.

200 FF Storm Grey
I've heard the caps weld themselves on over time and are a night mare to get off, any truth in that?

200 FF Storm Grey
how much have you seen them for? Powder coating them might be a bit more long lasting, but it will damage when tightening anyway.

I've seen the locking bolts at £35 a pop :\

The only option seems to be to have black nuts and bolts rather than standard wheel bolts

200 FF Storm Grey
Will get the caps then, wouldn't mind a stud and nut conversion at some stage especially when I get round to doing some track days

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Remove, clean, rub, paint. Or buy plastic covers and spray them gloss black instead of black textured.

Why would you spend all that money on a conversion and then mark them putting them on the car?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Remove, clean, rub, paint. Or buy plastic covers and spray them gloss black instead of black textured.

Why would you spend all that money on a conversion and then mark them putting them on the car?

Shouldn't mark them if you're being carful. Also not everyone takes their wheels off daily to clean the back!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm talking about the first time you fit them.

Unless you have the plastic collared sockets you'll mark them, metal against metal and heavy tightning will mark them surely.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I'm talking about the first time you fit them.

Unless you have the plastic collared sockets you'll mark them, metal against metal and heavy tightning will mark them surely.

Decent anodised ones shouldn't mark "much" if at all!

200 FF Storm Grey

The conversion wouldn't be purely for the black nuts, just a bonus, want the conversion purely for ease.

Like said going to go with the Black covers, going to source some black OZ decals aswell so should set off nicely agaisnt the car

DCi 100
Eh! Link! Must be s**te quality!

It's what Fred told me to get lol.

These;
DSC_0183.jpg

Will be slightly more now though due to VAT increase.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Perfo...Nuts_Bolts/Grayston_Conversion_Stud/1288/5261

and

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Perfo..._Nuts_Bolts/Grayston_Open_Wheel_Nut/1288/5299

GRYSS14
GRYSN41

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry can anyone explain why you would want to convert your hubs?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
So changing from bolts to nuts makes taking a wheel off easier?

Erm naw.

A wheel and bolt can both come loose, the wheel nut "stud" can part from the hub. Ridiculous idea to convert hubs shirley!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
LOL!!! Think about it...Studs locate into the wheel holes...yeh? so no faffing about lining them up or with spacers etc. The studs just screw into the hubs...

200 FF Storm Grey
Who's Shirley?

Of course it's easier, you've got a fixed stud that you can slide the wheel straight onto, rather than trying to balance as you position bolts.

If they weren't easier OR safer then why would any car, any where be using them?

Z4
bit of an old thread, but where can I buy the wheel nut caps from? Mine look a bit corroded so I'm after something purely for cosmetic reasons!