ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black & Yellow Cup Racer

PH2 Cup Racer
Evening All,

I though I may as well start a build thread. My father and I recently bought a ph2 cup racer, mainly for trackdays to begin with then looking to enter in our local sprint championship in the new year.

We got the car from Scotland just before christmas and work has begun!

I managed to find a couple of pictures from previous owners...

3050127985_46fcf255ae_o_zps099b2c5d.jpg

IMG_0625_TestSession_Trackday_FULL_zpsf909dc73.jpg

P1000508_zps206ce662.jpg

P1000507_zpsb569ed1d.jpg

P1000506_zps67d246ad.jpg

The current spec of the car is: (Taken mostly from the listing)

Engine : Clio 182 sealed cup spec engine, Omex 600 ECU. Orbisound exhaust and sports cat.

Bodyshell : 2005 Lhd shell refinished inside / outside and underneath in 2k Renault Yellow. Around 900kg. Front strut brace. Electric power steering.

Gearbox : Sadev 6 speed sequential , Flat Shift ( Full Throttle ) Dog Engagement with Limited slip diff. Illumenated dash shift display.

Suspension : Renault Sport Cup spec non adjustable Bilstein Dampers. Modified Cup spec rear beam , Modified front Lower arms.

Brakes : Clio 182 Sport Calipers with Competition Mintex Discs and Carbone Lorraine RC6 and RC5+ pads, Goodridge Hoses and all lines throught inside of car. Brake balance adjuster.

Interior :. Renault Sport master console to right of driver with all necessary switches ie. Masterswitch , ignition , start button , wipers, indicators, fan, screen demister etc. Switch for power steering. 1 x Corbeau Race seat , sabelt aircraft 3" Harness . Full manual Fire Extingisher system. XAP isolator. Spa fuel guage. Spa Dual Oil Pres/Oil Temp. Spa Dual Water Temp/Volts. Geartronics gear indicator.

Short term plans:

Two Seats with new mounts
Re-arrange interior
Tidy up wiring loom
Steering Wheel
Rev Counter/Speedo
A good clean/general tidy up

Parts to install:
Auto Marine Fusebox/Relay box
New DT Bonnet Pins
Seat
Harness
Wheel

Firstly, gave the arches a good clean/repaint,

Before
photo2-1_zpsc2cd460a.jpg

After
photo1-1_zpsa87d28c9.jpg

We are currently in the process of making some seat subframe/side mounts for the new seat to replace the old/far to heavy renaultsport ones (pics to follow).
New Chair :eek:
photo3_zps9d0dee3a.jpg

photo4_zpsbaab8072.jpg

This should hopefully turn into a good WIP thread :)

Adam

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I love this car, the colour combo and everything else. Keep us updated.

Ph2 172
I really really like that, must be serious fun around the track

Look forward to your next update

Lionel Richie
the whole lot is mounted to the subframe

please for the love of god fit a genuine oil filter, i've seen 2 of those ufi ones with failed internals

Lionel Richie
i just don't get why people fit s**t filters when genuine ones are £5, why risk destroying your engine by fitting a £4 non genuine filter, madness!

Clio Cup Racer
i just don't get why people fit s**t filters when genuine ones are £5, why risk destroying your engine by fitting a £4 non genuine filter, madness!

Sure that was from Opie Oils Fred. No offence but since when does anyone use genuine oil filters - no one I know does. Also don't forget this isn't a road car with a filter stuck on for however many thousand miles - it's a race car and the filter was changed regularly. It's a standard engine too.

Bit strange seeing a thread with your old car but glad it went to good new owners.

182cup & 172 racecar
Sure that was from Opie Oils Fred. No offence but since when does anyone use genuine oil filters - no one I know does. Also don't forget this isn't a road car with a filter stuck on for however many thousand miles - it's a race car and the filter was changed regularly. It's a standard engine too.

Bit strange seeing a thread with your old car but glad it went to good new owners.

I have never used anything but genuine, it's not as if they are £20.

Audi A5
This ain't no 1.2 granny runaround, you'd be made to skimp on the oil filter on this imo.

looks like a brilliant car, only problem is your steering wheel is on the wrong side ;)

PH2 Cup Racer
Finaly got the clio ready for its first outing at Anglsey on the 17th Feb.

Since getting the car we have:
Put in two new seats on new mounts
Tidied Wiring
New fuse & relay box
New wheel and spacer
and a few other little bits.

Here are a few pictures from before we went, more to follow...

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 175
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    511.8 KB · Views: 206
  RS172 Flamer
What are the regulations on these cup racer engines? Did they have to use a standard inlet manifold etc?