ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bleeding brakes Which pads

when i renew my pads, i want to renew the brake fluid as its a worthwhile job, how much of a pain is this to do on a clio 16v? BenR, any advice you could offer would be much appreciated, Im planning to use DOT4 fluid and the hill power pads, (which the name has escaped me)

any suggestions much appreciated

lofty

bleeding brakes is a 20 min affair. very easy. Most fluds are Dot 4.1 or similar, dont be tempted by dot5 as they tend to have a short service life.
I woulld recommend a complete flush, buy a bleedig kit, or borrow one from me, from halfords. oh, and buy the new castrol synthetic brake fluid, its superb as it lasts ages before absornig water. its sort of a light violet colour fluid...in a silver bottle.
anyways, do the fronts and back, following the sequence in you haynes....but have somebody pumping the pedal for you, whilst you make sure the fluid level doesnt fall too low or you might suck air into the brake system. can give you a hand if ya want.

thanks alot mate, i will get a mate from DD to help, hes been fitting brakes for years so if i get stuck he will be on hand to help, thanks for the kind offer though mate, i will let you know what, if any differnce it makes,

lofty

you goin to the ford v renault track day? if not, castle coombe is very close, as you know, and its all goin down there.

i may go as a spectator, i dont feel my car is up to track use yet, (emphasise the YET!!) i havnt been down there for a while, what is the date?

i think the 15th is a saturday, which means im working, real shame, let me know when the next one is, hopefully i will have new brakes and SO3s by then,

lofty