ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bloody brake dust!

the amount of brake dust on my wheels is giving me the sh*ts,they roughly stay clean for about a week and they arent the easiest wheel to clean (o.z cups), is everyone else having this problem?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Sympathy m8. The wheels on the Mk2 are much easier to clean the the OZs, but its still a pain. I dont think theres much you can do except scrub, scrub, scrub :confused:

Im using green stuff pads with drilled and grooved brake dics there is still sum brake dust but not as much as b4.They r worth the money:D

Hey for u guys who have changed ure pads... (BRAKE PADS... stop laughing already.. hehehe),

Well im seriously thinking of getting some green stuff pads, but i know the stock ones are excellent for breaking and apparently the clio is the best braking car in the world or something like that.. so would it make it better or worse in terms of braking capacity if i changed them to EBCs?

hear is a tip for you. Use DRY kitchen roll. Wipe it off whenever you get the chance, it gets to the stage that it takes 10seconds per wheel.

I see that K-Tec sell brake pads which dont leave much dust and also work well at high temps... anyone used any of these?

Daz.

k-tec are supplying me with a 185mm disc conversion and im gonna get the k-tec pads at the same time so give me two weeks to get the money together and ill tell you all how they perform!!

green stuff is good that there is hardly any brakedust but it is made of kevlar and tends to run hot...possible disc warpage? i think my stock discs are slightly warped...changing to brembo max too, like kk...

ktecs are kevlar too, i think...

Subaru WRX

Mintexx 1144 fast road pads are also another option to look at, had them fitted on my last clio along with a pair of black diamond grooved and drilled front discs, excellent stopping power and no brake dust !! Plus they were fairly long lasting.

mark172...i heard locally in singapore some scoobies did fit the mintex 1144s but they encoutered severe noise problems thereafter...very loud under braking...can i have your comments on this?

i am intending to change the brake pads to somethin other than ebc and the mintex are the 1st choice i have so i would like to get some opinion on the so-called noise problem...

thanks in advance...

kOnA

Subaru WRX

Hi KOna,

You do encounter some noise from the pads uder very heavy braking, but I think that its was down to the fact that I was running grooved and Xdrilled discs with them and the noise came from the pad biting against the groove. I am yet to run 1144s on standard discs ( considering it as an option on my 02 172 ). A friend of mine run them on standard discs on a Peugeot 309 GTI with out any negative side affects.

In my opinion they are an excellent pad to choose long lasting and very good performance.

Mark.

mark...thanks for the feedback...i just changed my front discs to brembo max grooved discs, with the ebcs, they really bite!

cheers guys,glad im not the only one.now wheres my DT catalogue!

ps:- is that wheel wax any good? saw an advert in last issue of "evo".

The wax does work, but there is something bad about it..i just cant remember what it is lol

I dont bother myself, i just use halfords wheel cleaner and then the halfords alloy wheel protecter which i apply wtih kitchen roll. Youd only need to do your wheels every fortnight then, if you dont mind a tiny bit of road grime of course.