ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blowers blowing continuously...

clio 182
Tryed searching and couldn't find anything.
Got in the car today for the second time as car was 'warm' still. And the blowers started blowing really fast and trying turning them down but nothing happened, tryed on the settings and even turned them off and they was still blowing!?!?

Any ideas cs? Cheers

Have a 182, with the climate control. Is it a fuse or something more serious? :(

And not really had the car that long really n not had to check the fuses before. A dumb question but where are they? Lol

Looking for 182
You need a new heater resistor pack.

You can buy one second hand for around £50-70, but as they are a common part to go wrong, I'd recommend buying new, for around £120.

You can fit it yourself in about 5 mins. They are located underneath the scuttle panel, drivers side, next to the windscreen wiper.

clio 182
£120!!! just my luck!

i was hoping for a fuse or somthing! fcuk sake!

FCUKING CLIO'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! only been fix 3 days since my lambda went!

Looking for 182
There is a cheaper way (like £3 or something) to fix it if you're handy with a soldering iron, but I'm afraid that is way beyond my knowledge so I can't really help. I'm sure someone else will be able to though.

There is also a company on eBay who you can send yours to, they fix it, and you pay them around £70 or so.

Mine went recently as well :( I bought a 2nd hand one for £70 from ClioSpares which didn't work (still waiting for a refund!!!), and ended up buying a new one. Currently £190 down until ClioSpares refund me!

BMW M135i
If your going to leave it for a while pull the fan fuse so it doesn't burn the fan motor out. But yep will be the PWM pack unfortunately, very common thing really.

BMW M135i
Provides the same function, its not a resistor pack with a CC equipped car. It uses PWM rather than a resistor to vary the voltage to the fan hence speed.