ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blowing exhaust effect performance?

clio 172 phase 2
I have a 172 phase 2 (non cup), and the exhaust started blowing, took it to a garage to have it patched, so hopefully will last a couple of weeks till I get the funds together for a stainless cat back Ktec stealth.
But within a few days after the patch job, the exhaust starts blowing again!
Will I suffer some performance loss with the above problem? The reason I ask is because after the zorst was patched, the car felt quite a bit more responsive, but i'm not sure if it's just in my head.

Hope anyone can give some insight into this.

Cheers lads..:cool:

clio 172 phase 2
Mine felt slightly less responsive whilst it was blowing.
As did/does mine. Just wonderd if others had similar experiences. As I said earlier though, granted it only lasted a few days, but when patched up, the car felt a whole sight quicker? Really wasn't aware a blowing zzorst could cause such a drop in performance!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Mine lagged before accelerating, was really annoying. New exhaust clamp and new dogbone mount, the exhaust no longer blows and my word the happy pedal provides happiness again - can't believe the difference it made. Changing gear no longer requires the force of an ox either.

clio 172 phase 2
Mine lagged before accelerating, was really annoying. New exhaust clamp and new dogbone mount, the exhaust no longer blows and my word the happy pedal provides happiness again - can't believe the difference it made. Changing gear no longer requires the force of an ox either.
Exactly!!!!!!!!!!

Will effect it a fair bit mate yes, as would a kink or dent in it.

Effects the backpressure, so the exhaust doesnt perform very well = makes it slower.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Ditto, mines just started doing it & it feels pretty sluggish. Whats the score with a patch up, if they're done properly will it last a while?

clio 172 phase 2
Forget the patch up unless it's only a small hole/split, other wise it's a waste of time as I found out. First time I patched it it lasted 1week, 2nd time lasted 2hours!!!!!