ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blue 182 towards Gateshead 06:30

ex Clio 172 owner :(

First of all, I noticed a ridiculous black VTR trying to draw level with me, and boom, here comes an Arctic Blue 182 undertaking him and overtaking me.

Guy in his 30s.

Didnt get reg.

Anyone?

black golf v6 4 motion

chris can you give me some stats on the vts as my mate is going looking at some today like 0-62 fuel consumption, things to look out for etc etc

Geordie,

Quick few pointers, but bearing in mind Im not really a fan of Saxos, except mine. I know more about Clios!

Year 2000 though also late 99 and early 2001 are often 130 bhp models as mine is.

Many suffer from dodgy idle when warm. Do a search on saxosportsclub for irratic idling. I can be sitting in traffic or at lights, and after about 15 seconds the revs drop from 1000 rpm to about 800, then its pulls it back and its ok for another 15 seconds. Sometimes drops to almost cutting out. Indeed when I first got the car it did keep cutting out. Common fault. Officially Citroen deny its common, unofficially they admit it. Either way they dont know how to solve. I had the fuel pressure increased and now while the idlings still up and down, it never actually cuts out.

When cold, a mile down the road, the power would simply die, even with foot on the floor. Dropped clutch and rolled til it passed. Passed after about 10 seconds then it was fine. Since fuel pressure was increased its never reoccured. Dangerous it was as I could be entering a roundabout or traffic lights.

Other than those common faults mines been ace. Touch wood all Ive had go wrong is a faulty rear abs sensort (£70 fitted) and thats in 18 months on an x reg car.

The car is a rocket for a 1.6, surprises lots of cars. Ive had 120 out of it and there was a fair bit left I feel. 0-60 is quick, I get around 7.5 (unverified) seconds.

Mpg, put it this way, I put in about £30 of regular petrol and see around 270-280 miles back and thats mainly to and from work (10 miles) and I do tend to hoof it a bit.

Equipment is ok but dont expect toys. They come with passenger and drivers airbag. Y reg onwards I believe have seat side airbags. Discs all round, abs. Manual til slide sunroof. No golvebox though jst cheap netting either side of console. Decent ultrasonic alarm/immob, which reminds me:

Roll windows down, arm alarm. Wait about two minutes for it to arm fully. Stick your arm in. Check it triggers alarm. Ultrasonics are prone to failure. Mine werent working when I first got the car and had them replaced under warranty though theyve since gone again and keep setting alarm off. Now I have to press the disactivate interior sensor button everytime I arm it.

Atcually, another thing: another common fault is that the often (like mine does occasionally) suffer from the fuel gauge sticking. If you disconnect the battery and reconnect it, it resets it.

Servicing is every 12k or 12 months though I change my oil and filter every 6k or 6 months. Local garage does it. Talking local garage prices £100 ish tops.

Anything else drop me a pm. You can always have a drive of mine if ye like.

Also, I was 28 last insurance renewal time.

Local government clerk, 5 yr ncb, 15k per year, with mother on policy (brings quote down), driveway, social and commuting, no points or claims, 3.5 s/s exhaust cat back, fully comp, £520, elephant.co.uk

black golf v6 4 motion

cheers good reading my mate is after one not me but so hard to find one all we looked at today had gone, do you know of any in the north east area?

Try Auto Trader, http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=CITROEN&model=SAXO&variant=&keywords=vts&min_pr=75&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=ne34+6rp&miles=40&max_records=50&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCHhere s a few, mines like the second one there.

Personally, while they tend to be owned by people in their mid to late 20s, some still get modded and ragged.

I wouldnt touch anything modded with IKs, chips etc. An exhaust is fair enough. I put a decent one on mine purely because an OEM cat back was £250 and performance s/s was £299.

Reading on SSC though they respond very well to breathing mods. I was gonna get an ITG panel filter for mine but Im thinking of trading it against a mk2 172.

Scruffy blue 182

Meanwhile, back to the thread....

Wasnt me - or at least dont remember it being me!

Nah you would have remembered. The 182 undertook at speed and then drew level with me.

The VTR was kitted to F with those stupid devil horn fin spoiler things on either side on the top of the tailgate.

Its not mine.

I meant the second one on the list is like mine.

I can send you a pic of the engine on mine (not right now - Im at work) showing how to identify a supposed 130bhp engine.