ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blue Clio Wrote Off In Carlton.

Renault Clio
Just drove through Carlton Nr Worksop and saw a Blue Clio with Speedline Turinis in a pub wall/bushes. Both sides of the car smashed in plus front.
Wondering if it anyones on here ?

Looked nasty aswell. Hope your ok if you are on here, Or you know them.

Albi Blue Clio 197
It was me, mate, i am gutted :( loved my car

The Other guy has admitted complete fault, just wondering what to do with the alloys, and the cup spoiler before i ring the insurance.

Albi Blue Clio 197
Well the model i declared had alloys as an option, 2 of them are pretty buckled with bits missing out of them. The tires are still pretty new as well.

The cup spoiler is definatly coming off

Renault Clio
Oh mate :(
So only 2 of the alloys are good ?
I would take them off and put the steelies on i think.

What happend like pal?

Your insurance will be void if they see that as said, we have a Polo in at work that the insurance have refused to pay out on because it has Golf alloy wheels on it. Yes, they really are that picky.

Titanium 182
insurance companies will look for any reason not to pay out. Then again if its the other parties fault it comes out his insurance. So I dunno how that will work

I declare absolutly everything. right down to LED interior bulbs, dont want to chance it if I crash

Albi Blue Clio 197
Hmm i better take them off then...

I was driving along, and as i came past the pub, he just pulled out on me straight into the side of me, he was on the phone or something not concentrating, the police should have done him for dangerous driving i think really as there were several witnesses.

As he hit me, my gf was in the passenger side, it spun the car 180 degrees, the car then mounted the pavement on the drivers side then, jumped up the curb and hit a lamp post.. was lucky it hit the lamp post on the door pillar and bounced off.

Just glad it hit the door pillar, could have been worse.

Both me and the GF have whiplash and she has hurt her arm as well :(

Albi Blue Clio 197
More Than.. been impressed with them so far sorting me a hire car out, just need to decide what to do for the best regarding these alloys.

Clio 182 arctic
2bh, what you declared or not doesnt matter. your insurance shouldnt even see your car. if i were you i would get your own solicitor, no win no fee. thats what i did when its the other persons fault. you wont lose out.

Renault Clio
I would send you a message but your inbox is full lol, You say 2 alloys are fooked but the other 2 have nothing wrong with them? Guess they are the back 2 alloys ?

Would you want to sell them ?

Albi Blue Clio 197
They are 2 from the passenger side, both drivers side ones have chunks missing out of them from from when they hit the curb, i need to get them off and see if they are buckled, the tires should be alright though

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
If its going through his insurance, it won't matter if you've declared anything to your insurance company.

Don't worry about it.

ash_s3

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Dont worry about the wheels, my S3 was bumped from behind, had TT wheels, porsche brakes, lowered etc.. all not declared, paid out no problems.
Insurance assessor even commented on how smart it looked!

Ad

MK2 FRS
Your insurance will be invalid anyway, if they inspect it like that.

Slightly over dramatic. Insurance would still have 3rd party responsibility if applicable. But agree always better to be safe than sorry for the reasons above.

If its going through his insurance, it won't matter if you've declared anything to your insurance company.

Don't worry about it.

^ spot on.

Thought it was joeh's Cup for a moment.

Not good knowing that it was someone elses fault. Hope it all gets sorted for you fella.

Rusty Cup
fingers crossed this works out for you, when i crashed my clio had a load of bits on it not declared and was fine but i consider that luck more than anything.

insurance companies will look for any reason not to pay out. Then again if its the other parties fault it comes out his insurance. So I dunno how that will work

I declare absolutly everything. right down to LED interior bulbs, dont want to chance it if I crash

Lol bulbs, really? I understand all the normal stuff but bulbs. What do they say when you tell them you have fitting a new led bulb? Does your insurance go up?

Slightly off topic but with regards to the insurance being picky about modifications..

My mate from work crashed his ep2 civic which he had decatted the previous week and hadn't declared it on his insurance. The inspector didn't pick anything up on the insurance and he was paid.

I mean, get down on your knees, look under the car and it's a foot long shiny stainless steel pipe next to all the 4 year old exhaust. I'd have though that was slightly obvious.

Albi Blue Clio 197
Well it turns out that a third alloy has a scuff in it as well... after driving round with them for 2 years and never curbing them its pretty upsetting.

Dont know what to do.. its s**t

clio mk2
just play dumb about the wheels. you were told they were the factory wheels when you bought it etc

just play dumb about the wheels. you were told they were the factory wheels when you bought it etc

Won't work I'm afraid. The car I mentioned earlier in the thread, the owners tried this and the insurance still weren't interested.