ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bluetooth carkit and standard 182 stereo

RenaultSport Clio 182
My job involves me occasionally having to travel to see customers and I have to answer my phone at all times (or should I say I'm supposed to). I'd rather not have the company my firm use butcher my car to install a carkit and was going to do it myself.

Has anyone else done this so I just have a nokia button I can push to answer the phone and route everything through the stereo ? Where is the best place to locate the nokia button ?

Do I need any special adaptor lead for the head unit ?

All help appreciated as I can't keep ignoring my phone like I'm doing at the minute. :)

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
I was looking into this a bit ago, the Nokia CK-7W seems to be the best value but if I have the money I would like the Nokia 616.. Both have the Button and are Bluetooth. Don't know about the adaptors tho.

Nez

Cupped Meg 225 Lux
Have just been in exactly same situation as you. Company car kit so had to have Nokia ck-7w as they give us Nokia phones. Mic is to right of interior light close enough to driver to avoid catching on sun visor, control button is to right of gear stick, cable is routed between plastic surround and gaitor, looks very tidy and easy to reach. Its black and silver so looks pretty good with 182 dash..

We are supposed to have cradles too but I stripped it out as soon as I got it home as I dont use the company handset. Works well with K750 / W800 sony phones on bluetooth using voice dialling etc. Also made them get an audio loom so that it routes through car speakers, as standard it comes with one of those crappy little speakers that they screw in under the dash and splice power etc in to cars loom, audio lead means they dont have to do any of that.

Extra audio lead from here http://www.neatcom.co.uk/ think it was about 30 quid.. loom you get depends on car and the car kit, best to ring.

HTH

Last edited: