ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMC CDA 182

I have just fitted the BMC CDA to my 182, and i think it may have lost power.

it doesnt seem as responsive at all. i have fitted it, as the instructions and pics and have bought the green cotton air ducting and fitted that down by the old air ducting to behind the fog light, so i dont think its taking in hot air.

how has everyone found the bmc, will i have to mayby wait for the ecu to change its settings to adopt the BMC or what

cheers

R

rich[182]

Did you get the SP-08 model just out of curiosity ?
I thought the cold air feed end of the BMC was about 82mm diameter so have you got some 80ish-mm air feed AND managed to have this properly attatched to the BMC ?
I woulda thought youd have had trouble getting a 80mm pipe down there unless youve removed the original cold air feed that went to the std airbox and also the metal valve assembly that pipe went into
You may have a kink in the new air feed or the air feed open end is flush against something so not getting any air at all
Might then be worth having the fuelling checked to see if its running lean etc

cheers mate, ill look into the fuelling, i have taken the old air ducting out and have clamped the new air ducting to the BMC and checked where the other end is.

ive managed to get the airducting behind the fog light and it seems to be taking air in fine, dont know, ill drive it for a few days and see how it goes

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Tom had this problem with his 182.... But all 172 owners find them great, its weird