ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW 118D M-Sport

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Hi All,

Some of you may have seen my thread over in other marques however I thought I'd start a thread here to show my progress and possible plans for the future.

I've had the car since December 2012 and have already closed up 14000 miles, very depressing I know however this happens when you commute 65 miles each way to the office!!

It was an ex-demo car and had 1400 miles on the clock when I purchased it. It has a fairly high spec for a demo car, it has the M-Sport pack, driver comfort pack, interior comfort package and the business CD player.

I find it a really comfortable drive, you can have fun in sport mode or can be boring and eat away miles in the eco-pro mode. I get around 600 miles to a tank, but can push this to near 700 when going easy.

The only thing I really miss is navigation, although I have a perfectly good iPhone App for that I still wish I waited to find a demo-car with one already installed. I also miss the Xenon lights however can't have everything I guess!

This week I had the rear windows tinted with a 20% tint (BMW privacy glass is 19%) - it looks fairly dark in low light however looks lovely in the sun and really sets the back end off I think. I'm tempted to de-badge the boot soon, although I can't help thinking it'll look a bit boring on the back if I did?

Also tempted to lower it however as it's on a hire purchase agreement and I plan to get rid after 24 ish months I may just leave it as it is ...

Some pics:

8744555970_e8bdcf8482.jpg

IMG_1250e by SimonNicholls27, on Flickr
8744555668_c6da25a6d0.jpg

IMG_1235e by SimonNicholls27, on Flickr
8743436775_efcb483873.jpg

IMG_1251e by SimonNicholls27, on Flickr
8744555262_b098e8edf3.jpg

IMG_1228e by SimonNicholls27, on Flickr

Cheers,
​Simon

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
A higher purchase car in finance white, how ideal!

Only kidding, it's nice, love the new 1er.

Would need to be estoril for me though!

Suzuki Swift Sport
It looks nice does that, what is it doing to the gallon? 6/700 miles per tank is ok but it might have a huge tank?

An orange one
Great looking car, needs black grilles!

At least eibach have got springs out for your version! Dunno why the big hold up for mine so far!!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
It looks nice does that, what is it doing to the gallon? 6/700 miles per tank is ok but it might have a huge tank?

Hi Nick, I can usually get around 55-60mpg on a motorway run at 70 ish. CAn get slightly more if in Eco Pro mode.

Colin - I must take a look at them, I'm very tempted!!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I can't help to think it's missing a spoiler though on the rear!

Oh, and already on the black grills - I have a 10% voucher for parts so will see how much they are when it goes in for a service ... not long to go :(

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Do you have one of the later models Rob? I can really notice the difference to the economy when in eco-pro mode - although it's no fun :(

Snotter's
Estoril blue 5 dr with Sun pro and nothing else lol (I work for BMW its my demo and i have really enjoyed it, its due to be changed anytime now)