ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW 130i

Trophy, 130i, Exige
I, like Swanny, love the simplicity of the dash. I really wasn't bothered about the lack of Nav/pop-up display on this one either as that does age the car. Genuinely though, do they not do orange lighting anymore? :smile: Is everything just white?

Radio and a few dials (and heated seats), what else do you need!? I've only done 16k in the two years I've had this one, it's now 10 shy of 60,000.

Mine is also used as daily, with barely any of that done on the motorway. When I'm not stuck in traffic I don't hang around, and current average MPG is 26.4.

Mine will pass 150k this month and feels like it'll do double that with ease.

Trophy, 130i, Exige
My M135i is orange when it's dark but white during the day. Orange is definitely more gentle on the eyes.

That and the nav wouldn't bother me, but the general finish is shown up by newer models and if you had a go in a newer N54 or N55 BMW you wouldn't be missing the NA engine trust me.

Tried both the M135 and then M140 when I was considering changing the 130. Properly quick and a better ride than a standard 130 (mine is now on Bilsteins) but they both left me cold. Very good engines but not special like the N52.
Sure I'll end up in one eventually but not until this one has died...

Trophy, 130i, Exige
This is a dirty ass:grinning:
IMG_0797.JPG
Just to update this. Only took 10 months to get the Bilsteins and rear subframe inserts fitted!

Initial impressions, it needs an alignment, slightly less crashy (not surprised, original shocks looked knackered), noticeably less body roll. The weather has been pants though, so not had chance to have a decent hoon. The springs have slightly lowered the front, but the rear is definitely sitting a little higher. It's only been two days though, so hopefully they'll settle a bit more.

The car desperately needs a decent clean come Spring. Cleaned it for the first time in two months the other day, unheard of for me, and it's covered in tar and other cr*p.

Saw on another thread someone mentioned the 130 feels mega dated. It depends what you're coming from I guess. It's certainly not full of mod cons, and there's a interior creak which is causing me to go a little bit mental, but for the £6k you can pick them up for now, I think they're a bit of a relatively unknown bargain.

Dirty ass

Yes I have mate, and no plans to get rid for a while yet.

Handles well after the suspension mods and recent alignment, though maybe a bit firm with the B12 (with hindsight should have spent a bit more and gone KW V1 as originally planned).

Averages 27 daily driving, though returned 35.4 after a 486 mile trip to Manc at the weekend.

Have had not a single problem in 2 yrs of owning this one, or in the 18 months I owned my previous one. Did have bit of a worry last week when it went in for a burning smell. Smell had been there for 2.5 wks and I feared the worst, rare reports of cracked manifolds at the front of my mind – turned out to be a carrier bag that had stuck to top of exhaust and melted :laughing:

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds good mate,I think there such a nice looking car,would love the 3 door but would still be happy with 5 door.

Have you joined any good BMW forums and sites for mod parts etc?

For a similar year car but 5 door, what sort of money do they go for?

Varies, £5-7k looking at those available on BabyBMW.

Sounds good mate,I think there such a nice looking car,would love the 3 door but would still be happy with 5 door.

Have you joined any good BMW forums and sites for mod parts etc?

Go 3 door if you can, they look a lot better to my eyes. As above, BabyBMW really good for info, used parts, mods etc.

Trophy, 130i, Exige
Decent 130’s are difficult to find, 3-doors even harder so I’d advise not to limit your search too much or you’ll be waiting forever.
5-doors look much nicer anyway:wink:

Trophy, 130i, Exige
M Sport most popular and numerous. 18” wheels, lower & slightly stiffer suspension, better seats, much nicer looking bumpers/skirts etc.

The SE looks like an OAP’s car.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
My friend paid about £6k for his 130i M-Sport, has 60-odd thousand on the clock. Nice car for the money really. Bit different to the usual suspects.