ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW E34 touring fitted with an E36 3.2 Evo engine

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
I am partial to an estate car so I picked this up a couple of weeks back (september 11th) from the BMW Ireland forums and had to rush down the road when i noticed a fair few were getting internested on the forums. Its is pretty decent condition bodywork and mechanical wise and is running well however the brakes need replacing, they are pretty warped and a few spots of rust need taken care of.

Plans are to get the interior changed to black and get the body work tidied up. The tyres are a little too large profile wise, rubbing slightly on the rear arches.

20130912_102711_zps70bd7c0b.jpg

20130912_102622_zps00a5bbcb.jpg

20130912_102725_zpsf3e91438.jpg

And last week i spotted an advert on DoneDeal for an E34 touring with black leather for breaking. As luck would have it they were only down the road from me. Last night i popped up the road and got it loaded into the boot. My car currently has grey dash and carpets but cream half leather electric BMW M5 front seats. Its a real mismatch at the minute and i think the black interior will finish things off nicely.

Im still in 2 minds what way to tackle the dash board as it took the lads nearly 2 hours and a few skinned knuckles to remove the top piece! Ive been reading various forums about re-dying the vinyl. I think ill do a bit of a trial with my existing door cards and see how things turn out and dye one of my floor mats black and see how it looks. Anyone tried Autosmart carpet dye?

Apart from the dashboard everything else seems to just clip in and out handy enough (famous last words) but they need a seriously good cleaning.

20130921_112731_zps68edc46d.jpg

20130921_112738_zps1a979de0.jpg

Progress will be pretty slow unfortunatley as the footy season is back in full swing