ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW F20 120D X-Drive

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Hi All,

Some of you may recall that I had a 118D before this, I had added 60k to the clock in just under 2 years - the service pack had finished, it needed a whole new set of tyres and a pretty expensive service.

It was going to cost me the same to upgrade rather than paying out for the work that needed to be completed so I decided to get rid and get something else.

As i'm on a hire purchase agreement, my equity in the car was minimal, if non-exisitant. I was able to agree a deal where my monthly payments stayed the same which I was pleased with. It's an approved used car and had just under 6k on the clock.

I picked up the 120D in late November and I love it, it feels so much more powerful than the 118D, the X-Drive is simply magnificent - it's more or less impossible to get wheel-spin and the traction you get still surprises me!

It's pretty much fully loaded bar the navigation, I really wanted the Pro-Nav however they are pretty rare on the 1 series. I wasn't sure if I'd like the Red Dakota leather when I purchased the car however the seats are so comfortable, they're heated too which has been nice in the cold.

It's also got the Xenon light package, which is brilliant - I do seem to get flashed a fair bit though from people thinking I have my highbeams on. @ColinG - Do you get the same also?

Overall, it's a great car - I prefer having 5 doors (I had the 3 door before) The MPG is a little less but that's probably my lead foot on the motorways :)

16212021256_e0b13d2b7c_c.jpg
Untitled by SimonNicholls27, on Flickr

16052068607_6505668fb7_c.jpg
by SimonNicholls27, on Flickr

16237089212_accb1cf41c_c.jpg
by SimonNicholls27, on Flickr

An orange one
Looks great Simon, would you have gone for auto this time if you had had the choice?

No such issues with my lights, I had to get them moved down after I fitted the eibachs though; they went crazy high and I was getting flashed by EVERY car lol :)

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Looks great Simon, would you have gone for auto this time if you had had the choice?

No such issues with my lights, I had to get them moved down after I fitted the eibachs though; they went crazy high and I was getting flashed by EVERY car lol :smile:

Yep, if I was speccing from new I would have gone for the Auto and the Pro Nav, no questions asked.

They had my perfect model in stock however wasn't worth the £50+ a month extra imo, especially when I'll get rid in 2 years again.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Shame it's got the stupidly large steering wheel that restricts the view to the trip computer! :(

320d
What's the monthly payment on one of these if you don't mind me asking. I'll be getting a new daily early next year and the 1 series is around the top of my list.

BMW F21 125d
I really like the red leather, I've got black in my 125d (white, 3dr) but red would have been my choice had I bought new. There's a thread of mine on here, have only had mine for a week, take a look.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I think I posted in your thread earlier in the week, I think I was jealous as you had the pro navigation ;-)

BMW F21 125d
I think I posted in your thread earlier in the week, I think I was jealous as you had the pro navigation ;-)

Ah yes so you did, and my steering wheel :)

Pro Nav is awesome as you get the new idrive too which you can write on say dial a number or input a postcode you can scribble it on the pad.