ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bodge job on my air intake hose Relentless can XD

Clio Sport, Navara
well i was on a little drive with some of my mates and my air intake hose fell off down the moterway, we continued a good 150 miles+ and my car started to get seriously hot :rasp: so we went to the nearest garage to get some ducting hose, unfortunatelly the only had 2 pipes that were too short and they didnt have any connecters to fit them together! thankfully my friends girlfriend had an amazing idea XD a relentless can witch she had been drinking haha!! it gave us the extra 4"'s that was needed to get the cold air feed. and with a few cuts to the can was wide enough to fit the ducting hose's in :cool:

DSC00129.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

Clio Sport, Navara
your car is getting hot from driving without caf? don´t you have 70 mph speed limits over there!?

Mum and dad work for the police, and all the police have been told to keep off the A55 and all other moterways near me due to a high number of paperwork from speeding tickets that needs to be caught up on, there not back on the moterways untill the end of this month :p so we stuck our feet down a little XD

340i
well i was on a little drive with some of my mates and my air intake hose fell off down the moterway, we continued a good 150 miles+ and my car started to get seriously hot

Can I ask how your car was getting "seriously" hot?

And also how a piece of pipe stuck down your bumper aided in cooling it down?

I don't know how all the other standard cars on the road cope with these extreme temperatures when commuting? :S

Clio Sport, Navara
Can I ask how your car was getting "seriously" hot?

And also how a piece of pipe stuck down your bumper aided in cooling it down?

I don't know how all the other standard cars on the road cope with these extreme temperatures when commuting? :S

yeah my cars engine is kinda erm s**t lol

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Mum and dad work for the police, and all the police have been told to keep off the A55 and all other moterways near me due to a high number of paperwork from speeding tickets that needs to be caught up on, there not back on the moterways untill the end of this month :p so we stuck our feet down a little XD
I drove the a55 twice a day for 2 years.. never seen police car?

Evo 5 RS
What is with the barrage of morons recently. This is just an idea but did you even think to check, I don't know, maybe the f**king coolant lol. Must of been the 5 brake loss from the lack of caf putting strain on the engine

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
So how do cars that have cone filters not explode and overheat then?

LY 172
when i had a 1.2 the temp gauge was always 3/4 of the way up when driving on the motorways... dont worry try driving 70... it will go to half.