ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bomber's Reliable Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

Qashcow
Re: Project 172:Unknown Direction

yours, on the other hand, is going to look beautiful. im undecided on what to do in the front, think its going to stay as it is just with the 2nd bucket seat.

for the next 2 weeks or so, i'll be driving it as a single seater cup racer lol

172 Race Car

You need to sort out that bulkhead insulation, really looks shite.

What have you done with our 'temporary' repair?

Qashcow

i know mate, was looking at it a moment ago. how much of a b**ch is it to get out, and can it stay out without something else in its place?

temporary repair has been cleaned up, will make sure it passes through emisions at MOT time, if it does then all will be removed and binned

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

yours, on the other hand, is going to look beautiful. im undecided on what to do in the front, think its going to stay as it is just with the 2nd bucket seat.

for the next 2 weeks or so, i'll be driving it as a single seater cup racer lol

i can't see a reason mine would be so much better than yours mate tbh.....only difference will be the colours.....lol at 1 seat, i wish i could do that but i have to share lifts, near as dam it all else is out..lol

You need to sort out that bulkhead insulation, really looks s**te.

i am guessing you are on about all the foamy shizz behind the dashboard? i have noticed it all since i have had my topdash off....easy to get out without removing bottom of dash? really worth it?

Qashcow

paint was completed today, good enough for the back of a play car so im happy

2009_02_15_0220.gif

got a bit carried away today,started the fitting of the 2nd cobra seat, my drivers seat in a Monza S, whereas the passenger is Monza 2. the only really obvious difference is the colour of the back but im not going to worry about it

subframes bolted straight to the car, no adjustable bits or runners

2009_02_15_0224.gif

2009_02_15_0225.gif

then all the dust and swarf cleaned up. passenger harness will be purchased next time im near castle coombe.... no passengers for the meantime

2009_02_15_0221.gif

2009_02_15_0231.gif

2009_02_15_0229.gif

then fitted the sock to the brake reservoir (sp?) in theory its meant to stop moisture getting into the brake fluid, im using it more to stop it from boiling over onto the exhaust manifold and catch fire again:dapprove:

2009_02_15_0233.gif

172 Race Car

i am guessing you are on about all the foamy shizz behind the dashboard? i have noticed it all since i have had my topdash off....easy to get out without removing bottom of dash? really worth it?
I dont have x-ray vision! :S

I was talking about in the engine bay, it looks s**t 'in those pics'

Dave, If you want matching seats we can swap

Qashcow

i'll get rid of it once buying some heat shield for the manifold, have run out of bucks this week.

im not too fussed with them not matching, dont see it when im driving :p plus mine is 2 years newer than the passenger seat

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

I dont have x-ray vision! :S

I was talking about in the engine bay, it looks s**t 'in those pics'

ah ok...yer i know what you mean...i am looking at doing the same when i start on the engine work..

dave, that rear looks awesome, so tidy now, seats look good too, real credit to you

Qashcow

^^^ cheers guys, good to know its not just for my own man/car fantasy :p

2nd harness went in today, no pics yet though

Qashcow

took some pics today, need to get hold of photoshop from work and start playing with the photos sometime.

this morning i gave the car a wash then fitted the harness bolts and spreader plates for the passenger side, wired in the resistors to get rid of the warning lights and started removing as much of the engine insulation as i could without needing to buy a new heat shield

2009_02_21_0290.jpg

2009_02_21_0269.jpg

2009_02_21_0264.jpg

2009_02_21_0266.jpg

2009_02_21_0255.jpg

list of things to do in the next couple of months, it isnt too much but buying a house also comes within that time frame

2009_02_21_0292.jpg

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

good list...

i notice you painted all the wire's and wire housings also...keeps it all nice and tidy

mine should be getting done this week.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

wow. amazing car mate, especially loving the carbon mirror caps, seats/harnesses, and how you've painted the back!

Qashcow

ph-reebone, i was way too lazy to cover all the cables up and keep them black lol. the primer stuck to it all really well so painted everything ha. cant wait to see your interior finished too

cheers maynard, much appreciated

Qashcow

as was i, i was half expecting it to peel off over night and flake everywhere tbh.

the fuel pump (?) cover which is made of rubber needs something doing to it though, that'l be easy to sort out

ITB'd 182...

Looks good!

Think i mite have to do a simular set up with my subframes when fitting buckets due to have the MSV cage :(

May call on your services when the time is due ;)

Turbo Beige

then fitted the sock to the brake reservoir (sp?) in theory its meant to stop moisture getting into the brake fluid, im using it more to stop it from boiling over onto the exhaust manifold and catch fire again:dapprove:

2009_02_15_0233.gif
[/QUOTE]

Buy some heat reflective tape and stick it around the base of the resovoir, it will help prevent the fluid getting hot from the exhasut manifold. Poor designed heat shield by renault left most of it exposed right next to the manifold.

Qashcow

good thinking batman. im going to fit some new heatshield at some point so will make it curve up underneith the bottle too

Qashcow

havent done much recently except buy my first house, which puts the car as number 3 in my life currently. but still managed to get a few cheapo things done.

first up was a 1.2 dash top, this gets rid of the horrible blue dash and also the dash airbag which weighs a bloody ton. down the scrappy for a few quid, sorted

DSC00599.jpg

ive been talking about my track wheel colour for a bit, i've gone for luminous orange on 2 wheels, the other 2 will be shown next week with who knows what colour :)

so sand blasted then all the primer and stuff, then a white undercoat to get them as bright as poss

2009_03_23_0363.jpg

2009_03_27_0367.jpg

2009_03_27_0370.jpg

2009_03_29_0376.jpg

340i

Looking good...

Ive also fitted the 1.2 dash top, but with a little difference.... Shall be posting pics over the next week ;)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

nice contrast between the two, should look great when on the car!

Hey m8, just read the whole thread. What a difference from the start lol!
It does look the dogs in the flesh tho!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Love what you've done so far! swap the steering column plastics too - will look more uniform.

Qashcow

cheers dan, hopefully i can get it as clean as yours sometime.

damn i was hoping that wouldnt be noticed Daz!! the car i took the dash off in the scrap yard was missing that part when i got to it, will be keeping an eye out for the black one

Qashcow

^ PMSL, herrooo jezabel. going to buy one now as u cant insure the lude?

quade, because of the roads i have to drive on to emma's the dampening it pretty much on its softest settings at the mo, when we go on track i'll be playing about with it all on the day towards the much harder settings.

Qashcow

wasnt really going to do anything more to the car for a while, but after watching the F1 qualifying i went outside and took a screw driver to the roof lining, so that came out. as did the carpet behind the seats.

im leaving the front carpet in at the moment.

2009_04_04_0393.jpg

2009_04_04_0394.jpg

then i rang up burp to let him know ive bust his heat gun and cant remove the tar, shadowness and burp were workin on his car so i popped over and got some 3rd hand tyres off him. will do me for the meantime in this credit crunch and get me through mallory park without having to buy new R888's.

so, the new wheels will be on sooner than expected :)

2009_04_04_0396.jpg