ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bomber's Reliable Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Re: Project 172:Unknown Direction

i am unsure on the cards tbh, i am sure i am being a tart but for them to work i really think they need to be totally plain, have plastic windows and a CF dash......

as said though i am being a tart

Qashcow

i do love the look of the carbon, would love a carbon dash soo much too

Qashcow

well my thread has kind of dive bombed quite well! the car took to the back burner for a while so i could spend my time on a slightly larger purchase. I bought myself my first house which although financially bent me over, did give me somewhere to keep the little lady nice and dry....

2009_07_03_1057.jpg

did a few bits and bobs to the car but not a great deal, then managed to get some overtime and the spending could continue. i was after Carbon Lorraine's but could not get the version i wanted in time for a Bedford RS trackday. so braided hoses and DS2500's had to do for the time being.

ordered Wednesday afternoon, turned up Thurs morning, fitted that night ready for Fridays trackday. sorted.

2009_08_20_1125.jpg

2009_08_20_1124.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

the roof NEEDS either respraying or wrapping so shortly i'll be getting a matt black roof to keep in touch the matt black wheels.

but more importantly, a Caged full cage will be going in before xmas. the whole interior will be cleaned, sprayed properly and quite frankly, look mint

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

roof and cage sound great! where can you buy them Caged cages from? Is it direct or from an outlet?

TrackCar & F30 330d

What colour you gona get the cage in?

By the end of next week i'll know if i can afford to get one or not :)

ITB'd 182...

Thread from the dead?!?!?

Good to see some progress!

See you next Sunday ;)

Qashcow

[/quote]
roof and cage sound great! where can you buy them Caged cages from? Is it direct or from an outlet?

you can buy them from Caged but are over £1000 for what im after, although there is currently a group buy on them as we speak

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=457067

half way down this page is what im having http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=444479&page=3

ktec are/will be selling them at some point on behalf of caged.

the cage will be orange, had a big facebook colour chart debate lol. Mauve was mentioned, even as a roof colour!!!:dead:

aye sunday should be good, i can show you why i need the roof doing.....

TrackCar & F30 330d

Arrrr B*GGER, i was going to have my cage orange :S

Now people will say "you have copied...."

Should look wicked tho :)

Qashcow

i had a feeling you were going to too :p

im not after having it black, im not spending £850 for it not be to sodding obvious lol. silver would look too 'clean' in the car, orange would look pimp. and im not keen on having green like my other set of wheels. i'd better make sure i get mine posted up first lol

TrackCar & F30 330d

Sounds like we got ourselfs a race then boiiiii ;)

But your right, as least its a proper cage, so i want it to be bright.
I'm gona be spraying my interiour matt balck so bright orange should stand out a treat.

TrackCar & F30 330d

Oooo just had a thought, yours is a PH1 and mine is a PH2.

So if anyone says i copied ya i'll explain the above lol

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

whilst i was at the rally of wales gb over the weekend i saw some sew on badges...they were tic tac sew on badges, i was going to purchase them for you...

but i didn't...pointless post...lol

Qashcow

neil, fool for not getting them!

everyone else, orange fricking rocks so let start the new 'turini' trend

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car

Do it man ;)

Kawasaki green with silver?!

could be a good idea, could change from my orange f1's to kawasaki green when i send them in for refurb soon, coupled with mirror covers and cage?! exicted aint the word :)

Qashcow

^ yes and yes. next spring/early summer, the interior should be close to what im after i think. then just to finish the exterior - easy. engine, not so easy....

Qashcow

new, well 3rd hand steering wheel fitted last night. got a Mocal oil cooler too but is attending someone else's engine bay before i'd have any proper use for it

2009_10_29_1318.gif

2009_10_29_1319.gif

Qashcow

not got a clue tbh, i just know its smaller and therefore less ghey than the oringial. i'd measure it if she wasnt locked back up in her cage

edit: omp website suggests it only comes in 320mm, bang tidy

Qashcow

mmmm black roof is happening sooner than expected. got a price of £250 + vat and £400 + vat locally for a matt black vinyl.

spoke to a friend of a friend who has recently started his own spraying business and for much less that £250 is painting the roof properly, just got to bung a small sticker on the rear window with the others. Ive got wednesday off so may drop it off to them then

TrackCar & F30 330d

mmmm black roof is happening sooner than expected. got a price of £250 + vat and £400 + vat locally for a matt black vinyl.

spoke to a friend of a friend who has recently started his own spraying business and for much less that £250 is painting the roof properly, just got to bung a small sticker on the rear window with the others. Ive got wednesday off so may drop it off to them then

Oh sweet, it will look wicked.

So are you just going for a painted roof, or manybe a bonnet aswel?

Qashcow

i was thinking boot, bonnet and roof, but may be too ott really. the boot has a few marks where i reversed into the garage too quick and hit the bikes :-/

at the price im paying, it wouldnt be much to get the rest done at a later date. not sure which shade of black were going for yet. think it will be the cheapest he has tbh, this car is'nt worth a great deal so no point spending lots on nice metalic paint or anything.