ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bomber's Reliable Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

Ollie's Silver Cup
Re: Bomber's Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

Nice results, torque figure is especially good! Imagine you're very happy! :)

lift number 1 @ btm

Congratulations mate!

I've been quietly following this and I love it!
I wish I had the knowhow and the time to do something like this.

Oh, and 240ft/lb. OOft!!

mso

172 cup supercharged

242bhp / 240 torques at 0.43 bar, not making the 0.5 id planned for but that's down to the restrictor. Happy as fook

132fc792.gif
Good figures mine was 255hp with 220 torques but on a different RR so would be about the same I think, when you have a some free time could meet up to see how each car drives.But for now have some fun in it!!!

TrackCar & F30 330d

Wow, thats excelent mate, great results :)

Did you drive it home then or just put it back on the trailor ;)

182cup & 172 racecar

I think Bomber was shocked at how quickly the junction at Matts came up on him when he went out to test it.:eek:

Qashcow

No belt slipping, 90degree inlet and restrictor aren't helping. Its fast enough now, as mental as the GTR used to be and if it lasts more than 1500 miles, it's also more reliable

I have a few videos but don't know how to upload them, will give it a try when im back at home tomorrow.

Huge thanks to Matt for the hospitality, have fun in the pub tonight ;)

TrackCar & F30 330d

Cooooool, also i dont think i saw pictures of your quick release bumper? Did you use areocatches of just the metal ones?

TrackCar & F30 330d

Oh i just looked back a few pages and i've seen your Quick release bumper. Looks great :)

Spooky

ClioSport Club Member
  R5 GTT

This is awesome....it would make my car a little 'interesting' to drive if I went down this route, I'll stick with the diff for now though :)

PaulyA610

ClioSport Club Member
  Venturi,GTT van,

Good results Boomber, now there are two SC silver 172's in Glos, so when is the show down going to be for fastest clio you know adey will have to up the boost now!!!! It is the Adeyspec way! Good work buddy.

02' PH1 172

I don't hang around, aerocatches delivered by postie when I added the picture. Already fitted.

Quick release bumper FTW. Most of the old fixings are either damaged or bent(the wing/bumper fixing has snapped)

4e104489.gif

is that the only thing holding your bumper on?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Saw this at go-karting & oh my :eek:

It wasnt the fact it was charged, it was the evilness of the front end.

I want an intercooler, oil cooler & aerocatches holding my bumper on lol ...

Evo 5 RS

any vids of it @ Matt's gaff? I wanna hear this thing roarghhhh

340i

I didn't even realise you where at the Karting Dave., would of said hello :)

Which team where you on?!

Megane 225 F1

Dave were you the one that flew passed me and Mace on the way out on the motorway?

Qashcow

is that the only thing holding your bumper on?

Sure is, and it's a hell of a lot more secure than it was bolted on, it feels like a bumper that was designed for the car at last!

Saw this at go-karting & oh my :eek:

It wasnt the fact it was charged, it was the evilness of the front end.

I want an intercooler, oil cooler & aerocatches holding my bumper on lol ...

Thanks a lot, was so happy it all stayed together over the weekend lol. I'm not sure wether to put the grill back in tbh, would look neater but not as mean

any vids of it @ Matt's gaff? I wanna hear this thing roarghhhh

:( my gf is a nob, she decides to ring me half way through the last power run we did which stopped the video, so I have a poor video upto about 4k and a lift off but not a full power run.

Going to go back sometime over early summer to mess with the cold start, open the restrictor for more power and play with some other bits, will make sure there's a proper video then!!!!!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Good figures! Belt slip is bad news if there is even the slightest present.

I've never understood why chains aren't used more often than belts on pretty much anywhere on an engine? There must be a good reason (noise perhaps?) but it does on the face of it, seem to be a more logical to use chains? Or am I being dumb? ;)

D.

340i

Going to go back sometime over early summer to mess with the cold start, open the restrictor for more power and play with some other bits, will make sure there's a proper video then!!!!!

..... 'I am not chasing numbers'

;) hahahaa

Evo 5 RS

boost is addictive..it's a proven fact. At least with normal aspiration you've got an excuse to not seek more power ;)

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

At first it's a little hit but not long down the line u end up needing more and more to get that same nice hit........ Mmmmmmmmmm boost

Golf GTD Mk7

I've never understood why chains aren't used more often than belts on pretty much anywhere on an engine? There must be a good reason (noise perhaps?) but it does on the face of it, seem to be a more logical to use chains? Or am I being dumb? ;)

D.

Cost i'd imagine mate. Chains can still have issues though

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member

D.

Always thought this.
An even better solution would be gears, but that would be costly!