ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bomber's Reliable Savage Supercharged Snorting Slut of a Ph1

Qashcow
Lol, that thankfully isn't me

This is the little hole causing all the problems, hopefully.

cfd20c0e.gif

New fixing bolted through

3a44ca62.gif

And a quick lick of paint later, back on it goes.

39d067b1.gif

And fingers crossed, as of Wednesday evening there should be three boosted renaults living on the drive way. Boooooooooost

Qashcow
It's never broken, just not always working. You saw how fun it is, I love it even when it's not perfect

340i
I don't know where that hole has come from on you're oil breather?!

Won't the bolt foul the rubber seal when you refit?!

Qashcow
They all have them, all I know is I don't need it. Ive put it all back together tonight, no binding from the bolt on the rubber seal, must be close though!

Can't wait for weds, 2 hour drive home in it :-D pure comfort at last

Clio Sport 172 ITB
ok im exhausted now bomber.... just gone from pg1 - pg67! can i have your car now? :) epic epic epic read though!

Golf GTD Mk7
isn't that hole there to do something though Dave? On the 182 its there, but obviously the hugh hole next to it isn't. Presumably it's a presure release thing?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
It's part of the oil breather setup, but now with boost it pressurises the rocker cover, I sealed mine and did 150+ miles at mallory with no sign of oil blowing out the back. It can still vent via the catch tank if it starts getting blow by

340i
I am pretty sure my PH-1 didn't have that little hole?! :S

meeeeh, never mind... if it sorts the problem... jobs a good en'

Qashcow
no videos im afraid, i took the camera to Bedford but forgot the battery! doh!!

sideways danny did ask ages ago whether it had been sealed, and he's been playing with SC clio's longer than most on here.

are you sure Gray? if you hadnt done that silly thing of selling it we could have looked ;) pmsl Mike

will get it started on the weekend and see if its fixed, fancy that highnam car show on sunday ade? could bring the woman

Qashcow
yep, its on sat and sun. i was going to prob go on sunday as got a few things to do on saturday, like see how far out the emissions are on the MOT with no lambda lol

Trophy #387
Bomber, i'm guessing you do all of the work on your car yourself... I'm just wondering where you learnt how to do everything?

One day i'd love to build my own car, but currently I know nothing about engines.. Where would I start?
Cheers

Qashcow
ok im exhausted now bomber.... just gone from pg1 - pg67! can i have your car now? :) epic epic epic read though!

Thanks very much Kevin, I'm sure you know the heartache when it goes wrong but when it's all working great, OMFG lol. And no, you cannot have it hah ;)

ah it'll be fine LOL

Just get the biatch spanking hot

9am through town and 15 mile journey to get there, will add on some extra dual carriage way just to get try hotter. Fingers crossed

Qashcow
Jonny, I've been lucky enough to know a few people on here locally who are very helpful and know a hell of a lot. Burpspeed/Jay Payne and Adeyspec with everything mechanical and Matt@TDF for the electrical.

All I'll say is don't be afraid to have a go yourself, anything is possible so long as you have the right tools. read as much as you can online then have a go. I've got the welding equipment at work, so the cage was simple to do etc. I'll try most things except painting external panels, that can stay with the professionals lol

Qashcow
Lol, painting small parts is my forte, couldn't do what you did Tony!

Dan, if your reading this, we need another photoshoot...

There is 680bhp and 835lb/ft torques sitting on our drive way as of tonight.

Emma "there's a blue shiney car sat on our drive that I'm scared of"

And

Me "do you like boost then?"
Emma "no, it freaks me the s**t out" lol

Trophy #387
Jonny, I've been lucky enough to know a few people on here locally who are very helpful and know a hell of a lot. Burpspeed/Jay Payne and Adeyspec with everything mechanical and Matt@TDF for the electrical.

All I'll say is don't be afraid to have a go yourself, anything is possible so long as you have the right tools. read as much as you can online then have a go. I've got the welding equipment at work, so the cage was simple to do etc. I'll try most things except painting external panels, that can stay with the professionals lol

Fair enough... It's not something i'm looking to do right now but it's something i definitely want to do in a few years when it's affordable :)

It's good to know that you can learn everything without too much hassle and things like online guidance can actually be really helpful.. thanks bro

Qashcow
spent the morning at the MOT place i usually frequent, the emissions passed pretty easily but the lambda reading (funny enough) was a struggle. wet rags stuffed up the exhaust and we finally got it close enough to pass. actual MOT is next Saturday, handbrake cable, new plates, possibly 2 tyres, and god knows what else to pass it.

if it fails, next saturday will be the last time it ever see's a MOT test. on the way home today the red mist decended, i scared myself and i realised im going to kill meself or someone else at that rate. theres no need for it on the road.

I wouldnt bother with racing in tintops, TDT or anything, i simply cannot afford it. but quite fancy a go at hill climbing and sprints. jay mentioned it a while ago, and ive been reading up to see how legable a SC clio is lol.... fun and games eh.

and since we bought the Meggy 225 last week, i have become acustomed to leather and comfort, not coilovers and overfueling :(

not feeling the love this week

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
spent the morning at the MOT place i usually frequent, the emissions passed pretty easily but the lambda reading (funny enough) was a struggle. wet rags stuffed up the exhaust and we finally got it close enough to pass. actual MOT is next Saturday, handbrake cable, new plates, possibly 2 tyres, and god knows what else to pass it.

if it fails, next saturday will be the last time it ever see's a MOT test. on the way home today the red mist decended, i scared myself and i realised im going to kill meself or someone else at that rate. theres no need for it on the road.

I wouldnt bother with racing in tintops, TDT or anything, i simply cannot afford it. but quite fancy a go at hill climbing and sprints. jay mentioned it a while ago, and ive been reading up to see how legable a SC clio is lol.... fun and games eh.

and since we bought the Meggy 225 last week, i have become acustomed to leather and comfort, not coilovers and overfueling :(

Sounds like sad times mate! Love the meg 225 though. Looks nice on facebook. Im sure Emma was influenced on the choice! ;)

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror

Sounds like sad times mate! Love the meg 225 though. Looks nice on facebook. Im sure Emma was influenced on the choice! ;)

shiftspark

ClioSport Club Member
  R53 GR86

Theres a few on here if you need anymore advice !

Qashcow
cheers shiftspark, i will read the whole thing tonight!

ill get some proper pics of the meg up later, its a decent looking one at least :)

Ade, it just makes so much more sense. weve got Coombe, Prescott, Shelsey walsh etc all within an hour of us. if i lose my car licence i lose my job then house, just not worth it any more. im getting all grown up lol