ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet Catch ID?

Up rocks
How can i tell if my bonnet catch has been sorted under the recall? Is there any visual signs that give it away?

Guy i work with had his 172 bonnet flip up at 50mph last night which trashed the bonnet, windscreen and roof! He's never recieved a letter (neither have i) and Renault say unless it was serviced by them they couldnt care less.

So i want to know if mines ok, god forbid i come off the road and kill somone because of it. Maybe Renault would listen then.

i think they primarily check for rust and free operation although one of the Renault techs might advise. some of the mechs you see in people's underbonnet photos look quite badly corroded

Was a 197
i think they primarily check for rust and free operation although one of the Renault techs might advise. some of the mechs you see in people's underbonnet photos look quite badly corroded

they just straight replaced most of the catches in the end, so newness

aye; guess it depends how badly corroded they are. mine was alright as i've been keeping it lubricated. think the guy at the dealer i took mine to told me they replace something like 70-80% of them though

2008 Albi 197
I actually had a letter about this last week, even though it concerns my previous car which Renault had back off me 6 months ago

Take it to be checked for piece of mind?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Mine got a little calender sticker with a date indication on it. The catches can corrode & seize so just check if the action is free on it.

Renault will just spunk some wd40 over it-i thought they'd replace & wouldve done that myself if i'd known.

Evo 6, E92 320d
pm AlexS, he checked mine for me and it hadn't been done. Visually its a bit rusty and its very stiff to open from inside the car, so its booked in next week for a change.

Lots of Alfas
When they did mine they stuck a blueish/purpleish sticker with some numbers on next to it. They replaced the whole thing and sprayed it in a high melting white grease (lithium grease?).