ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bonnet catch

Golf
Got a letter from evans halshaw today recalling me 172 due to me bonnet catch, anyone had trouble with theres before, driving to silverstone tomorrow and its got is a bit worried

172cup
been on the ph2's from day one... nothing to really worry about.

Hardly anyone actually got a recall letter, you're one of the lucky few.

As long as it looks ok, has a bit of grease on the latch ... you're bonnet isn;t going to fly open tomorrow! (certainly not just because you got a letter :rolleyes:)

Mondeo TDCI 130
There are millions of threads it you search, the answer is, if its properly greased it will be fine!

Go and pop your bonnet, get some WD40 and spray the latch etc, make sure the safety catch (the bit on the bonnet itself) is working freely, there prone to sticking!!

Dont panic!

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
TBF it is a massive problem, mostly on the PH1 Mk2's but also some PH2's as well. Is a recall or a check up? First started about 1-2 years ago but renault allways got stick for not recalling the cars.

Be carefull, if it does go kaput then you can kiss goodbye to your nice straight roof!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Is there still people about who don't know about this? Got my letter aaaggggeess ago.