ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boost cutting out on R26

172 Cup
I posted this on the magane forum but hoping to get a response here as I know there are some people here with serious knowedge *cough Fred*

Basically I am having issues on wide open throttle with boost completly cutting out.

Read below:

Right someone please help me
frown.gif
Done some serious testing tonight.

It occurs after 4k randomly right up until 6.5k in 3rd 4th and 5th (maybe 6th, however that is too fast
wink.gif
)

After 30 mins of heavy testing (car warm!) it stopped doing it in 3rd.

It will only do it with wide open throttle (literally foot to floor) If im progressive with the accelerator then I can rev round quite easily to the limiter.

The boost completly goes and the car jerks forwards, keep foot to the floor and the power comes back on 2 seconds later and will further jerk.

No warning lights.

ECU reset by removing positive terminal

Car not see any leaks/loose pipes

Car has an ITG pannel filter, some green small filter (breather?!) on the T piece, a miltek decat and exhaust.

I rang Paul at RStuning today as I want a stage 1 and he said the decat should not cause this on a standard map. I am not even sure it has a standard map as I have not driven a standard car.

HELP :D

Yes , that is probably the boost limiter kicking in. Which means it already is remapped or has a stuck actuator rod.
Cheers Henk