ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

boot button and diamond

if i was to remove this (as i wish to colour code the button) would it mean people could get into my boot or would it still be locked once i pressed the lock button on my key?

Da

Less
It would still lock but you'd have a large hole in the tailgate and would be unable to open the boot without climbing through the rear seats.

i wouldnt have a problem with not opening it,would only be a few days.you say the tailgate will have a huge hole,we talking like the size of the whole bit thats removed?or just a small one?

320d
The hole will be about half the size of the boot lock surround

It works via rod linkage so you'd be able to reach the top of the rod that links onto the back of the black diamond button

can i just take the button off then put the boot lock surround back on or do you have any other suggestions?

ibiza cupra
color code it whilst its still on the car. just make sure your masking is good before you attack it with any paint

go to a scrap yard and buy a second hand one. Means u wont have a hole and still haveuse of your boot whilst painting and also means that if u f**k it up your original is still in the same condition.