ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bored so removed gearknob, choices?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
silverstone1015.gif

silverstone1011.gif

silverstone1012.gif

Can't make mind up between these two?

silverstone1013.gif

silverstone1014.gif

What you reckon??

The ps 1 does it just push home as effing tight fit??

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
there must be something else to do Steve LOL ....Err back to question both look nice :)

1.2 Dynamique
ye 2nd one for me too, how much would u want for the insert? (jus the insert not the chewed up outer part lol )

Chocolate Bar™
got a polished ph1 knob here, and inside theres just a circular hole, so it would need a bit of impact gluing ideally to make sure its fixed

Renaultsport Clio 182
Steve, how do you get the silver insert out without scratching it and taking rest of the gearstick to bits? I'm looking to replace mine - scratched to f*#k by previous owners ring finger!!!

Renaultsport Clio 172
I got bored too so decided to go for the second option. Just have a question. This is how it looks after installed, I couldn't get it to go any deeper, is this height correct or it is supposed to down a bit more? Can any one tall?

pomo.gif

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I got bored too so decided to go for the second option. Just have a question. This is how it looks after installed, I couldn't get it to go any deeper, is this height correct or it is supposed to down a bit more? Can any one tall?

pomo.gif

Very tight fit indeed, thats why mines still in the draw. You should be fine don't listen the sheep on here.

I think it should go further in but it is so tight:mad:

The lift up reverse should be fine as it's bored out to allow for that.

Looks good how long did that take??

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Steve, how do you get the silver insert out without scratching it and taking rest of the gearstick to bits? I'm looking to replace mine - scratched to f*#k by previous owners ring finger!!!

Fine electrical screwdiver to prise out insert.

Hacksaw the grey section off.

Then the inner bit, take your time & have a vacuum handy;)

Renaultsport Clio 172
Looks good how long did that take??

The worst part was taking the original one out, this new one was not too bad, five minutes, I just start doing it as a nut pushing it down until I could not turn it no more. I did not want to pull it out as it is now very well in place and tight, I better ask as wonder if I take it out it will be lose now. The idea of undoing it was to see how deep it has gone as the lever shaft opens it way thru so you can easily tell if it has gone to the limit.

It looks so good, you only notice the gap when seeing it by the side, but even the gearbox feeling changes as the sphere is smooth finished, then you have the overall feeling it goes into gears jsut as smooth. Bad thing... too cold or too hot depending on the day

Last edited:
  Clio Billabong 1.2
I think the one shown above looks slightly tacky. (My opinion)

I have the Richbrook one and it suits my car and goes with the dash trims and door handles really well..

070420081381.jpg

Track valver + Ibiza FR
Are those tweeters in your dash board mate? Looks like my interior.