ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Both rear wheels dragging.

I bought my Clio 182 two weeks ago and on the drive home started getting a knocking noise from rear passenger wheel, the clips holding the pads in were missing so replaced those and it sorted it for around 2 days. Now I've noticed the knocking getting worse + both of my rear wheels are dragging and not spinning freely when jacked up, need quite a bit of pressure to turn, lot's of brake dust around the driverside rear wheel... both calipers seem to move fine when the wheels are off, and both discs spin freely when the pads are off, it's like they are pressing right up against the disc and not allowing it to spin freely.

Any idea what could be causing this?

The wheels don't wobble etc and it doesn't sound like a wheel bearing...

Any help is appreciated...

Clio RS200
Snapped brake cable and calipers not releasing properly? Just a guess. I managed to snap one on mine. No knocking but slowly slowly speeds the wheel dragged along the floor. Smelt hot, lots of dust and a scored disc.