ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BOUGHT A VALVER!!!!!! OIL CHANGE HELP!

WAHEY!!!

ive got my valver!!!

N reg , willams blue, mint, 61k miles, full renault servive history and pirelle p zeros all round!!!!!!!!!

Need to change the oil and filter this saturday, any tips!???

Lose weight around your hands and forearms...or youre gonna lose skin getting the oil filter off/out. Apart from that, obviously use good quality oil, as if I need to say that. Straight forward job.

Good choice on chariot my friend.

Bill.

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

Get someone to help you - or you might get stuck getting the filter off - real pain in the ass of a job!!

How much did you pay if you dont mind me asking? Has it had the Cambelt changed??

190 BHP Willy 2

got any small children round your way coz youll need there assistance in getting the oil filter off, also check youve got the tools to take the sump plug off, square socket thing.

Scott

Subaru WRX

You might get your arm in and get the filter off but best of luck getting back out !! a real pain, you will see why Renault charge so much to do it after you have tried.

Wont it have had its oil changed at 60K?

Mark

will change the username asap!!! should have the tools in the garage and the camblet was changed at 55k, oh and the baby set me back 3.5k BARGAIN!!!!

I heard they were a pain to get out but i guess i will just have to see!

G

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

£3500 - That is a bargain mate, just shows there are still some good uns around, especially on an N plate, thats as new as they get!

so true!!! but mind you as most people will know on the forum i have been looking for this car for well over 5 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeah sorry the oil was changed at the last service but the car has been standing for about a month so i just want to sort it and for my piece of mind as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

if the filter has a nut type thing on the end (feel around for it) use mole grips on that, makes things easier.