ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bought an Aluminium Roof Spoiler!!

A lot of people said they look sh*t on hatchbacks. And most of the cars I have seen them on do, but I really fancied one for the 172 so I bought one from R-Tec after offering the thing up to my car.... It looked sweet!!

Its a Silver E-Tec one and is more or less the same colour as my car. I will fit in on Thurs and try to get some pictures posted.

Ill be interested to see how it looks as to be honest im one of those people who thinks theyre not so good. Lets hope the 172 sways my opinion!

-Rob

megane

ive got 1 to looks good i think but it is personall opion

mines black on a black car which helps can look odd otherwise

adds a bit of streetracer look to my car

andy

pic is here(cant really c it but u get a fair idea o and its been lowered now since this pic was taken from last weeks wirral cruise)pic courtesy of soundfm off cc

It was £129 in Silver. Its an E-Tech RX6 spoiler from R-Tec. (oooeerr, lots of techs!!) Its virtually the same colour as my Titanium silver paint so looks quite classy.

Bit nervous of drilling holes into the precious 172 spoiler but you cant make an omelette without breaking wind can you? -besides... I cant really stick it on with blue tack!! hehe.

It should go on thurs or fri so will get some photos taken by the weekend. Someone will have to host them as I cant figure the photo thing on this forum. (does anyone have that link for it?)

Wow it worked!! Dev took this picture at Santa Pod. What does anyone think of the Spoiler? RobFenn, you were a little dubious I remember?

I like the colour match. It looks pretty good but i still wouldnt do it if it were my car to be honest. Next up should be Mk2 bumpstrips! Like the wheels BTW.

-Rob

Cheers guys, Im glad you think it looks ok. It was a bit of a b!tch to fit; Not because of the drilling etc, just because I was scared silly of mounting it on the p!ss or finding out it was back to front when I put it all back together! Turned out ok in the end tho. You can open the boot fully without any problems too

Will keep you posted with any other mods

I think they look good sweetkidda, obviously not everyones taste but I think they suit the Clio better than most small hatchbacks because the boot slopes down from the roof. The spoiler is more or less in line with the top of the windscreen so doesnt look too much like a bolt on job (even though it literally is hehehe)

Your car looks sweet mate!