ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Boxed Sub under £130 - recommendations

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Ive got a second hand Pioneer amp (GM-X722) that Id like to use to run a sub until I can afford to get a bigger amp and do everything properly. Anyway Ive got roughly £130 to spend so I was after some recomendations.

I think the RMS for the bridged channel is 320W so its got a bit of power to play with.

Preferably Im after a 12in sub and I would be prepared to pay slightly more (upto around £150ish) if it meant I was going to get a significantly better product.

Cheers in advance for any suggestions

Rick

Ive got a JL Audio W0 12" Sub and I find its great. Id definetly recommend it too people.

I think the sub is about £99.00 now. Boxes are what, £35.00?

Anyway, thats my opinion

Daz.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Ive just had a look at a Bass Junkies Advert in one of my mags and they do the JL Audio W0 12" sub for £120 with a box which seems a bit of a bargain. They also do the Alpine Type R 12" sub and box for £150. I dont know whether the Alpine is any better so if any one else has any suggestions that would be great.

Rick

Both the Alpine and the JL would be excellent but my choice would be the JL. I have one of these and theyre great.

Personal preference for me but I prefer to stick to the electronics experts for head units (mines an Alpine BTW ) and driver experts (e.g. JL, Rockford) for the speakers. Just a preference at the lower levels really. I think youd find less of a difference at the top (megabucks) end of their ranges.

Cupra K1 & Clio 200

Ive just got myself the new range Alpine Type-R 12". Its my first sub so i cant really compare too much. I also run it off a Pioneer Amp, but a slightly better one. Ive heard a JL 12W3 in my friends car and i must say, theyre pretty much level pegging, but i would say my Type-R goes lower in my view. Its a overall superb sub considering the price. Hope that helps

Hon

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

My Vibe 10" Is superb - ask Jas who runs this club - hell tell you how good they are!! For £110 delievered to your door, you cant go wrong mate i promise!!! Ive got one in my R5 Turbo - so this one is spare, sounds superb for its size too!!

Jas

ClioSport Admin
  Maserati Ghibli S

Yeah, Ive got a 10" vibe sub box, and they are wicked. Low bass lines, no drone, and they only take a little bit of the boot up as well!

My brother is running a 300w pioneer amp, and off that he has bought a 12" pioneer sub. The sound from it is excellent! He paid £39 quid for the sub plus delivery which came to just under £50 quid. You would normally think that for that kind of money you arent getting much of a sound but you will be surprised! The e-mail address is:
www.mcs-direct.co.uk

Hope this helps...

Just bought two 10" subs in a vented enclosure for £39.95....wouldnt expect much, but sound fine, with no distortion.
Email me on paul.dewing@tesco.net and Ill send the phone number of the guy who builds them.
Paul