ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oVerboost's Liquid Yellow 182

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Well I've returned to Clio ownership with a lovely Liquid yellow 182, owned by a fellow club member (Will).

I've been looking for a LY 182 for a while, and this one came available almost as soon as my old car was sold with pretty much all my requirements, such as the Liquid yellow paint and the Recaro Trendline seats fitted.
After travelling up country to view the car, long story short I bought it. It's a testament to it's previous owner who has clearly looked after and cared for this car, it drives nice and tight, handles great and pulls really strongly.
It's had a fair bit done to it as well, but nothing OTT which is exactly how I like my cars, subtle. It came with a big folder full of receipts that was further proof that the car had been cared for.
I wanted to spend a bit more and buy the very best I could within my budget as I've had a few Clio's in the past that have all turned into money pits and ruined my enjoyment and enthusiasm as they often spent more time broken or causing me stress than I ever got to drive them and really enjoy them.

Some may recognise the car from CS Weekender last year where I've been informed it won the Show & Shine award.

Anyway, I'll update this thread (probably with endless photos as I do a bit of photography) but long term plans aren't too much really, just continue to keep the car in excellent condition and looked after, with lots of shows and meets, lots of detailing sessions and hopefully as little maintenance as possible in comparison to my last Clio! (Sore subject).

So yeah, this is the car the next day after driving it home from purchasing...

25229215337_101738e92f_b.jpg

Modification wise, this is what's been done so far:

Snappy' retrimmed steering wheel w/ yellow trim + stitching
Cat-back resonated Milltek exhaust system (Relatively Quiet)
Vibratecnics Engine + gearbox mounts (fast road)
Purple Powerflex lower gearbox mount (dogbone)
Purple Powerflex ARB inner and outer bushes
Purple Powerflex steering rack mount
Powerflex rear exhaust mounts
Braided brake lines
Cooksport lowering springs fitted
Front spacers (16mm w/extended bolts)
Rear stub-axle spacers (10mm)
Silvertec indicator bulbs front + rear
Windscreen washer jets (Mist spray pattern)
172 Cup headlight washer blanks, colour coded
Colour coded interior trim
Colour coded boot release button
Sony MEX-N4000BT headunit
Exile XP65 6.5” ‘audiophile' front component speakers (100w RMS)
Pioneer GM-D8604 4-channel Amp (4x100w RMS @ 4ohms)
Interior courtesy lights - LED bulb conversion

And as my first purchase I've ordered myself an OMP 300mm Suede Trecento steering wheel...

39222855145_b47eb51eae_b.jpg

Will update the thread as things happen. But glad to be back in a Clio, and in the Clio I had always wanted (colour & spec)!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Very nice mate. Where did you get the wheel from? Sort of been after a suede wheel for a bit.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Follow Will on Instagram, always looked clean.

Did you pay what it ended up going for on eBay?

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Follow Will on Instagram, always looked clean.

Did you pay what it ended up going for on eBay?
I paid a little less as it wasn't me who won the auction but that person contacted him and pulled out of the deal, so we negotiated the price and the deal was done.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Looks great Chris and the 2118s in that colour will suit it perfectly :smile:

Thanks bud :) Yeah, the anthracite should work really well against the liquid yellow and I had 2118's on my previous 172, and they're my favourite Clio wheel so these came up at a good price so decided to buy them now (was planning to keep the Turini's for a while but the rears need a refurb and I wanted to change the colour, so rather than spend out on these it made more sense to just buy the wheels I really wanted instead of the risk of still wanting them after spending out on the Turinis lol).

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I have to admit, Liquid yellow and silver turinis looks the absolute dogs nuts.

Which alloy wheel is heaviest out of the two?

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
I have to admit, Liquid yellow and silver turinis looks the absolute dogs nuts.

Which alloy wheel is heaviest out of the two?

Turini weight is 8.9kg per wheel

2118 weight is 9.6kg per wheel

The advantage you get with the 2118's is the choice of tyres and the price difference.

mintno1

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172 / Mk1 Valver
Looks great, can't beat some 2118's, makes me want to try a set, they just seem to work :up:

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Bang on!

I'm thinking Sprayshack smoothed bullets in anthracite 205-110 colour with LY writing? Would tie in with the wheels and break it up a bit?

Oh... your number plates wrong ;)
Yeah great minds think alike mate, I put up a wanted post in the wanted section for some spray shack bullets yesterday, I'm not paying for new ones lol.

What's wrong with the number plate?

Don't know how I managed to miss this thread, saw the 2118 pics on facebook so it's good to see some more info and spec etc. Looks a stunning example this, any interior/engine bay photos?

I was thinking the Turini's would be hard to beat, but tbh yes the anthracite 2118's look awesome :up:

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
A brief update...

The NS2R's were removed as two were faulty (had been sitting and had developed a problem it seems), so I've replaced them with a new set of Avon ZV7 tyres. Although reviews on these are mixed, the car is unlikely to get much track action so a decent set of road tyres are probably a more sensible option anyway. They are rated as A in the wet, and 69db noise levels so a lot quieter than the NS2R's were. So far, I'm impressed! As I said, reviews online range from brilliant to terrible, depending on what link you click and what car they're fitted to.
For me, they drive very similar to the Pilot Sport's I had fitted on my last Clio, very good in the wet, no aquaplaning or weird characteristics in heavy rain and standing water and even if pushed hard in the wet they grip really well - and they're not even scrubbed in great yet, so hopefully they'll get even better. Same profile as before 195/50/15 so no visual changes really to report but thought I'd add the info in for anyone interested.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Don't know how I managed to miss this thread, saw the 2118 pics on facebook so it's good to see some more info and spec etc. Looks a stunning example this, any interior/engine bay photos?

I was thinking the Turini's would be hard to beat, but tbh yes the anthracite 2118's look awesome :up:

Thanks mate, I don't dislike the Turini's - they're a great looking wheel I just had the 2118's in my mind from the moment I decided to get another Clio :)

I'll try to get some interior and engine bay photos once the monsoon passes ;)

Thanks mate, I don't dislike the Turini's - they're a great looking wheel I just had the 2118's in my mind from the moment I decided to get another Clio :smile:

I'll try to get some interior and engine bay photos once the monsoon passes :wink:

Oh I know what you mean about the wheels, to be honest if you can keep hold of the Turini's, you have the two best looking sets of wheels for these cars to pick and choose and change as you please :smile: Will look forward to more photos!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Lovely car, personally I'd have saved your money and kept the standard steering wheel and turinis though!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Kinda love it! Stupid bullet colour though. Standard ftw.

Also the turinis suit LY more. Not sure why.

2118s suits the other colours but LY has to be clean and fresh not dropped and slaggy like a cup Racer wheel.