ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

brake calliper paint opn an silver clio

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
Hi all,

Just yesterday bought a clio 172 Ph2 from another club member and loving the car so far.

I know painting brake callipers itself let alone what colour splits people, and I have had a gander on this forum to see what others have done theirs on their silver Clio's

I know the norm is black or silver if you prefer the subtle, however has anyone done theirs with a colour to stand out a little.

I’m not sure what I fancy yet, but would like to see what they may look like in any colour or maybe a subtle blue.

Anybody got any pics or thoughts?

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
some pics I've found
DSC00403.jpg

DSC00404.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

The blue ones look ok as they band round the wheels compliments them. I'm not a fan of bright colours, remember they aren't Brembo's etc ;)

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
to be honest I loathe black alloys for some reason. but agree bright painted calipers on it’s on with nothing else exterior wise picking up the colour it’s too stand out for me, maybe even when it does tie in with something. That blue on the calipers isnt bad as its toned down.

I've only had my 172 a day, and coming of the back of the back of a Civic type R the Clio does lack a bit of the sporty look that car had in my opinion

For some reason I like my car to look a little bit different to the standard in terms of the interior, but I don’t want to spend too much. Its probably that and maybe that the 172 doesn’t look drastically different to some regular clio's (the Civic Type R looked quite different to a standard civic)

I know everyone on here hates Lexus lights, I admit I was wondering what they might look like and I have looked at some pictures and now I really don’t like them!! Particularly the chrome 'bling' ones.

I do quite like the black, more subtle ones (http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2004), its doesnt scream chav in the same way to me, a little undecided about them but might look good with black calipers on a silver 172

i.e. then with some new alloys that car would be a bit different than standard but subtle

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
I painted mine red, but the car's bright red so it's difficult to spot them!!!

They are actually painted red on mine at the moment, but my first car was a red Citroen AXGT and I had a red/silver/black thing going with that. My Civic Type R was Black and as standard has bits of red and silver about its interior and exterior......so the red/black and silver combination is really tiring with me now.

But with silver cars it’s probably only yellow or blue that would look ok and I might have to be heavily persuaded to go to yellow

DMS

A thirsty 172
I was thinking of doing mine yellow but not so sure now I've seen the pic of the silver 172 with yellow calipers. Looks too obvious and probably doesn't look very good dirty IMO.

Might try Capsicum Red or Liquid Yellow, if I can get caliper paint in those colours (or similar).

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
i'm just going to use hammerite smooth, its as good as and cheaper.

I'm thinking at the moment I may go with black, get some black/carbon look vinyll to blank out the center pillar and with some rear lights with a dark shroud round them the car could look quite mean just being silver and black.

Hammerite smooth is fine, give them two or three coats & let them dry properly.

As for the vinyl for the B pillars, i'm not overly a fan tbh,

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
I think the vinyll or the carbon fiber ons you can get on K-tec are ok on black or silver cars (though not sure what point is with a black car)

if I'm honest I love the 172 but I'm not a fan of the rear side window having square edges next to the pillar, but the front side windows is rounded - so ones side of the pillar is rounded glass, one side is square. I'm sure some find this one of the things which gives the car its character. Personally, I like cars with sleek lines, and my last car (hond Civic Type R) had these, and this was paritally becuase the pillar was black.

So really the vinyll just changes that loo to my preference, and in my opnion gives better looking lines. Agree thought that on some colur car it doesnt look right. think it will look good with silver though

Example of a civic type r
Honda-Civic-Type-R-%5BJAE-2005%5D-600.jpg