ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake compensator valve seized

172 Cup
Evening all,

Had a good look round the car for the first time tonight after buying it. Instantly I have seen that the brake compensation valve / bias valve what ever you like to call it is seized and no longer connected to the axle!

Being a track car, has anyone removed this and just joined the brake pipes together with some custom length flexi’s?

I liked the idea of the running twin braided hoses through inside the car opposed to underside but thinking it may be overkill for what I need at the moment.

Be interested to see what people have done!

2d1e3b354142224abc7eb2a412c64988.jpg

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

172 Cup
They are not connected on a Cup have a search there should be lots of info about and mot test malarkey!

Had a good read, going to replace flexi pipes for braided as nsf is badly required and check if they bleed ok. If they do, I’ll leave that how it is! Cheers

monaco 172
Sorry to hijack.

Is the compensator only there on a cup? I was having a look round on my 172 ph2 the other day and saw no such valve, just 2 brake lines from front to rear calipers with the flexy bits just after the rear beam.

172 Cup
All PH2 172 have them, just the cup is not joined to the axle as I first thought. It appears lots of people have issues but seems as if yours has been removed as I described above. Do you have any issues with rear wheels locking up under hard braking?

Not connected on the cups. Though prone to corroding and removing the ability of brake fluid reaching the callipers!

Mine did just that two years ago. About £80 from Ecp for a new one.

And they confuse most MOT ers. The rears do about 30% braking on a Cup iirc so rarely record much in the way of stopping power.

monaco 172
All PH2 172 have them, just the cup is not joined to the axle as I first thought. It appears lots of people have issues but seems as if yours has been removed as I described above. Do you have any issues with rear wheels locking up under hard braking?

Nope never had the rears lock up but I don't drive that hard to be fair.

You got any better pics of where it's located on the axel?