ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake conundrum.....

2003 Clio 172 Cup
hi iv got a 172 cup ... Only used for Track days!

I'm after the cheapest place to buy a set of ferodos ds2500 on the front? which after sum extensive reading i think will be the wisest choice.... also the disc's on the fronts are vented and grooved... unsure on what make these are... was wondering if people think these would last with the Ds2500... will try and get pictures of them as soon possible..

Secondly what brake pads would people recommend for the rears.. as just had to get some more callipers for them as they hav seized..

Also thinking of putting on braided brake hoses... with AP 600 brake fluid!

any help/thoughts would be much appreciated...

thanks

172/1.2/E30
Standard dics and pads for the rear as they do next to nothing.
Braided hoses + ATE Super blue fluid.

E46 320D Tourer!
Oooh, sorry, a little off (ok a lot off!) topic, but your cup mate. Don't suppose the index starts kr03 does it?? Been looking for my old one fr a while!!!! Cheers.

On topic though! - mines a road runner and I'll be putting oem rear discs and pads on as everyone says they do next to nothing!!
App it's deffo worth doing braided lines. But then again, some say the lines on these are internally braided anyway. Whether there's any truth to this though?!

2003 Clio 172 Cup
hmmm standerd pads it is for backs.... Mr pink y ATE super blue fluid? n not Ap 600??

Jordski.... nope its HT53 hope u have look finding ur baby seem ur missing it :p ill have to have a good look at the hoses when i change em n get back to ya!

172/1.2/E30
I wouldn't use the AP/Ferodo/... racing brake fluid as they need to be changed more often. ATE super blue is a DOT 4 standard and works perfectly fine on my car.

2003 Clio 172 Cup
oh ok but i thought the ap 600 was meant for racing and thus had a higher boiling point....n aint dot 5 meant for racing...so surly that should last longer nooo??? i might be missing something.... also wanted to try EBC blue stuff pads?? weres the best place to purchase them and also would they fit in standard callipers??

172/1.2/E30
It has a higher boiling point but it is more hygroscopic (it likes to "pull" water more than the DOT4 stuff), so it needs to be changed more often as water in the brake fluid is bad mmmmkay.