ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brake Disk Hub Nut Cover

clio 172
Hi I Was Washin Me Car Tuther Day,172 Mk2, Clocked Me Nearside Rear Wheel Was Not Sitting Right, Jacked It Up And The Wheel Was Loose But Not At The Wheel Nuts, At The Hub Nut. It Had Become Unsecure And Unwound Its Self, Is This A Common Problem Or Am I Driving A Death Trap?
Also Im Sure There Is Supposed To Be A Cover Over That Bolt To Keep The Greese In And The Moisture Out As Ther Are Bearings Behind It. I Don't Have Any Covers On Any Of My Wheels And Was Just Wonderin If Any One Knows Anywhere Breaking A 172 Or If The Covers Are Not Really Needed, Cheers!

172 ph1
Shouldn't come undone. It's a big nyloc nut, 30mm socket, that should be torqued up to 175Nm.
It may come undone if re-used or not done up tight. I would not re-use it - you get a new one with a wheel bearing anyway and they are only £1 or so from Renault.

Had your discs or bearings changed recently?
I would take it off and have a good look at the stub axle, it could have been chewed up by everything wobbling about.

Mine doesn't have dust caps. The garage said it should but they didn't have any...

1996 Valver
Skinner summed it up mate.

Don't you find it hard to type putting a capital letter at the start of every word??

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
mine had the dust covers, you want to get that sorted mate!!! don't want the wheel falling off.

BMW M135i
I reused mine when I did the gearbox, torqued them up and its 5k later and they haven't falled off yet touch wood. Haven't got dust caps on the fronts, have on the rears thought.

I've resued mine a lot there £1.40 from a dealer from memoery I have the part number if you realy want somewhere.

I just use locking thread compund ever time.

clio 172
Cheers Buds! Im Gonna Go Scrappers N See If I Can Pocket Sum Caps, I Got A New Nut From Renault £2.80 Fuckin Rip Off. As Far As My Typing Goes I Dont Put A Capital Letter In Front Of Every Word, It Just Comes Out That Way.

1996 Valver
poger said:
Cheers Buds! Im Gonna Go Scrappers N See If I Can Pocket Sum Caps, I Got A New Nut From Renault £2.80 f**kin Rip Off. As Far As My Typing Goes I Dont Put A Capital Letter In Front Of Every Word, It Just Comes Out That Way.

Fair enough.........just curious, thats all.

£2.80:eek: thats a stinger mate!