ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ 16v's Cup Road Racer Blog.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
found a engine, loom, manifolds, AUX set up off a cup for £350 :D just got fit it in the back of my BMW coupe :(

RR are for gays...

engine dyno FTW!

clio 200 F4Rt
sweet, good stuff!

lets have some update pictures, would be good to see standard and stoopercharged engines next to each other!

jon where have you been? not seen you moan in a while ;) (messing)

ben hurry the f**k up with pics, plus next time im home i have to pop over for sure!

jamie

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
lol theres gona be no pics for about 3 weeks. Ben is doing a build artical when its done for the site were working on.

im still waiting on my stainless valves from france! ive called the c***s countless times!

the new bearings are due in anyday too! :D

oh s**t and i need to get this ecu, loom and supersoakers.. sorry injectors to ben.. ekkk. Road trip :D

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
the lifter pumps, swirl pot, rail, unions for the incar braided lines, race filter, race pump, and FPR are being anodised in purple too! should go nice with the black

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
just to clear things up.

if the "diggers" call up MASS and ask if the engine has even been near they dynocell yet

also ask pete if the manifold is fully machined yet

also ask pete if the carbon fiber plenham is back yet

also call AT and see if we have ordered the TB yet

lol it was a foolish trap :) which if im honest... i didn't think you would fall for it

and if anything has made me aware of little you know about anything lol

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
theres more to do than i thought. but im pretty certian it will be on the boosted engine for the ring.

if not then il have to take the NA one

80MPG BEEZA
the lifter pumps, swirl pot, rail, unions for the incar braided lines, race filter, race pump, and FPR are being anodised in purple too! should go nice with the black

yes as well as your white wheels,green cage and subframe :nono:

All this paranoid delusion, are you all from hollyoaks or something? or is it just a trait of simple minded folk?

This build isnt something i'm doing for CS or anybody's entertainment, this is something i'm doing for Ben and thats it. I dont have to answer to any of you, give reasons for anything i'm doing or provide 'progress' pics. Why should i? I dont get paid to do it, and time is money.

Your all so eager and easily swayed to believe what you want to believe, and why should it bother me or ben, anybody involved or privvy to the actual job just sits back laughing at all the 16 year olds playing kiss catch and chinese whispers. How on earth do you take yourself seriously?

As it stands, and if your noses are still pressed up against the glass, the car was dropped off on sunday as a bare shell with a cage and seats. So there is no engine (its not even close to going in at the moment), there is no fuel sustem, there is no IC, there is no ECU, no loom, no exhaust system. We're still shopping for just about every component you could think of down to the bumper clips.

If you really want to go digging and surprise yourself, come round the estate as ask the motorsport companies what they think of their neighbours.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
All this paranoid delusion, are you all from hollyoaks or something? or is it just a trait of simple minded folk?

This build isnt something i'm doing for CS or anybody's entertainment, this is something i'm doing for Ben and thats it. I dont have to answer to any of you, give reasons for anything i'm doing or provide 'progress' pics. Why should i? I dont get paid to do it, and time is money.

Your all so eager and easily swayed to believe what you want to believe, and why should it bother me or ben, anybody involved or privvy to the actual job just sits back laughing at all the 16 year olds playing kiss catch and chinese whispers. How on earth do you take yourself seriously?

As it stands, and if your noses are still pressed up against the glass, the car was dropped off on sunday as a bare shell with a cage and seats. So there is no engine (its not even close to going in at the moment), there is no fuel sustem, there is no IC, there is no ECU, no loom, no exhaust system. We're still shopping for just about every component you could think of down to the bumper clips.

If you really want to go digging and surprise yourself, come round the estate as ask the motorsport companies what they think of their neighbours.

Bravo that man!

Do you reckon you might get some peace now? :rolleyes:

Bravo that man!

Do you reckon you might get some peace now? :rolleyes:

I highly doubt it.

Maybe we can place me in a perspex cage with Ben's car and people can throw bananas at me and i can throw s**t back.

hey benno when can i get me friggin stand's back . lol

ho yeah got any engine pic's plllllllllllllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
no offence meant but isnt it about time this thread was chopped back to just the important stuff? like someone did earlier in the thread?

i keep getting blagged, thinking ben has updated it, when its just him replying to some random banter :dapprove:

williams 2
I know how you feel ben, its not nice when things start getting said about you or the company involved. Speading lie's and old tales around CS without people knowing the real truth about what is going on and jumping on the band wagon taking the piss for the fun of it is wrong! I think people only wanna see pics because its a progress thread.

So it is a "minivalver" type inlet, awesome! I would of thought though you would use aluminum instead of carbon for boosted applicatons! Thats gonna have to be some thick layers lol!

Looking forward to seeing it, whens the ring trip going on? May take the cup now it's 90% there :)

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
it is getting a bit petty and boring now. 70 pages, and about 15 of those are actual progress of the car or photos.

Sounds like some jealous people are trying to stir things up...surely they have got better things to do with their lives?

I know how you feel ben, its not nice when things start getting said about you or the company involved. Speading lie's and old tales around CS without people knowing the real truth about what is going on and jumping on the band wagon taking the piss for the fun of it is wrong! I think people only wanna see pics because its a progress thread.

So it is a "minivalver" type inlet, awesome! I would of thought though you would use aluminum instead of carbon for boosted applicatons! Thats gonna have to be some thick layers lol!

Looking forward to seeing it, whens the ring trip going on? May take the cup now it's 90% there :)

shhhhh

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Locked for the moment.

MOST people on the forum are interested in the build, NOT the gossip.

DO NOT start another thread about this Build, it will be removed promptly.

Last edited:
  53 Clio's & counting
Aaaand 6 years later we are back on :cool:

I have finally gone full circle with my Mk2 Clio's - I started many moons ago with a black Ph1 as most of you know and after going through pretty much every variant I am back with another black Ph1 :lol:

So yes, this car, after sitting in Bens locking up for a long long time, is now mine :) (BIG thanks to Ben p - legend of a chap and was great to finally meet you after talking on here for 10 odd years!! Big thanks to Dan @ SJM as Dan sorted the towing side to get it home - legend again as always)

It had been through 10 owners, was a Cat C in 2004, back on the road in 2005 and Ben got his hands on it in 2007.

On the face of it, it may not seem such a great car lol. The thing is, from the look of it the only damage we have spotted (I say we, I mean Dan@SJM lol) is it seems to have had a new inner O/S wing, but from the look of the job it was carried out by a bodyshop/professional as the work is to a very high standard.

Also as it had been off the road for near a year with the damage, plus it has barely seen the road since 2007 (it definitely hasn't been driven in a good 4 years) it is very low mileage (Circa 50k I think) and the shell seems to be in really good condition rust wise.

If any of you had followed this thread at the time, you will know the car has been through a couple of different specs, but Ben had some really great ideas and the car has had some good money thrown at it.

Current specification is:
OMP full weld in cage in some sort of bright green
OMP Evo 2 buckets with Renaultsport stitching front and back
Harnesses
Cat cams
Fully stripped and lightened (All unused brackets cut off etc)
Custom fibreglass flocked dash
Battery relocation kit
172 Cup rear spoiler
Carbonfibre door cards and grab handles
Manual windows
Fully painted interior
Mark Fish solid top mounts
H & R coilovers
Polybushed wishbones and ARB
Powdercoated subframe, wishbones and battery tray
HEL Braided lines
Ph2 rear end conversion (urrgghh)
OMP superqauddro steering wheel in suede

I expect there is more, but I forget.

Anyway, the car was taken apart but basically thrown back together and it has sat in Bens lock up for a few years.
So the plan is to sell off a few bits I do not want (Samco hose set, few other things) , pull it back to pieces, check it all over and bolt everything back on.
I am missing some bits, (fuel hoses - bits like that) so will need to work out what is missing/needed and work out a specification.
I think just getting it working and road worthy is the plan, put some miles back on it and see how it behaves - then maybe change a few bits and pieces.
Nothing much will be happening for a while as we still have a wedding to pay for, but I will keep the thread updated whenever I do pull my finger out lol.
As always my good friend Dan @ SJM will be involved - big thanks to him for sorting out a trailer and tow car so we could go and get it!
anyway here are a few pictures.

IMG_9685.jpg

IMG_9684.jpg

IMG_9682.jpg

IMG_9681.jpg

29.jpg

27.jpg

18.jpg

IMG_1186.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

IMG_2063.jpg