ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ 16v's Cup Road Racer Blog.

53 Clio's & counting
Yup it was planning on being charged at one point.

Unfortunately it won't be the original build spec - I simply don't have the budget. But I will be getting it up and running at some sort of basic spec, and see where we go.

Dan keeps on we should 1.8T it - I have to say it is very tempting, I'm not allowing myself to Drive Dan's as I know as soon as I do I will want to do it lol.

So for now the plan is to get the F4R up and running, map it and see what it is like, let the car do some miles to bed everything back in and look at it then.

All in all it should be good fun, I have a lot of ideas for the interior, which will take me a while to plan and get sorted, so I have plenty to fiddle with before we go chasing big power :smile:

53 Clio's & counting
I hope so, looking at Bens figures when he weighed everything id imagine it will be somewhere between 930-950kg

53 Clio's & counting
Standard I believe mate, bar a set of cat cams - I'll match the inlets, sort a decent filter setup (as the battery is in the boot) and map it - play with that for a while before Dan at sjm keeps on enough that we chuck at 1.8T in it lol

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
I'm sure it would be plenty of fun with a standard f4r for a while (with a few easy tuning bits and pieces).
It is screaming out for forced induction though

53 Clio's & counting
Nice purchase :smile:

When are you going to fit all the parts off @SharkyUK's Trophy? :tonguewink:

LOL! Andy already has my old Schricks, only seems fair I have them back.....

We can save time by just getting the 20v running

Touche!

I'm sure it would be plenty of fun with a standard f4r for a while (with a few easy tuning bits and pieces).
It is screaming out for forced induction though

Yeah you're not wrong there mate!

53 Clio's & counting
Had an hour spare yesterday, so pulled it out the garage and spent some time to look through all the stuff that came with the car.

The good news is I have a few of the parts I thought i'd have to buy (alternator, front discs, few other bits) and I found the front calipers - unfortunately they look like they have spent a few years on the titanic, so I will try to clean them up but I think some new ones will be bought.

The inner loom is still all in place and nearly everything seems to be plugged in which is good, just need to find homes for a few loose plugs (The loom as been cut back and all the extra non needed bits cut away - windows, mirrors etc)

The engine loom also seems to be ok - it is all in, fuse box wise at least, and the rest of the loom looks all complete, just not plugged in.

This is fine as first job I think is I will borrow a mates engine crane and pull the engine and box out, give the engine a full repaint and swap the gearbox for a 172 Cup box.

I need to get to a point where I can plug it all in, get ignition on and check all the wiring is in place, but this can be in the warmer weather.

It's hopefully going to be a very fun summer :)

53 Clio's & counting
as far as we are aware mate yes, Dan is coming to see me soon and is bringing his locking tools so we will pop the cam cover off and confirm what they are - as far as I am aware they are Cat 420's which are Grp N spec.

The engine we believe is the original one, which puts the mileage around 50k

53 Clio's & counting
Engine sold :)

Gearbox and a few other bits will still be available (Will get a proper for sale thingy up for those)

So the prep can begin to get ready for boost.

*runs off to look for donor car

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
So as a few know Russ sold it, I bought it and had to pretty much rebuild it all, and now it's being used properly :)
FB_IMG_1504000263685.jpg
FB_IMG_1504000263685.jpg FB_IMG_1504000271546.jpg

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
2 x P2 in Class (P8&6 overall) with a new PB by over 1 second.
Pretty happy having not driven it for 2 years!

Attachments

• 963201E4-34B6-4B75-B164-D0B8E993519D.jpeg
    963201E4-34B6-4B75-B164-D0B8E993519D.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 31
  • B8F0A4A0-065E-4AC6-BA07-48E416F435A4.jpeg
    B8F0A4A0-065E-4AC6-BA07-48E416F435A4.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 40
  • 56FC622B-103E-4C25-830B-ED50FCFDCAC3.jpeg
    56FC622B-103E-4C25-830B-ED50FCFDCAC3.jpeg
    193.6 KB · Views: 41
  • B59390D3-96DF-4EE9-A11C-F85900EAD432.jpeg
    B59390D3-96DF-4EE9-A11C-F85900EAD432.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 41

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
2 x P2 in Class (P8&6 overall) with a new PB by over 1 second.
Pretty happy having not driven it for 2 years!
I watched a video of Jordan in the EP3 today. 1st to last to 3rd. 😂😂

I think he said he recorded a 1.12??!

what was your fastest lap @Jamie86 ?

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I watched a video of Jordan in the EP3 today. 1st to last to 3rd. 😂😂

I think he said he recorded a 1.12??!

what was your fastest lap @Jamie86 ?
Who? 🤣😜
1.17.2 now but definitely a low 16 in there with a bit more seat time. I’m properly rusty looking at the sector times.
That thing has some power you see him just drive around me after I pretty much parked it through the esses trying to at least slow him a bit 😂

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Who? 🤣😜
1.17.2 now but definitely a low 16 in there with a bit more seat time. I’m properly rusty looking at the sector times.
That thing has some power you see him just drive around me after I pretty much parked it through the esses trying to at least slow him a bit 😂
Yes, it’s properly properly fast. Is he in the same class as you??

I can’t see how a 300+BHP car can be any fun in that class when he’s literally just driving around people with so much ease.

1.17’s?? That’s good mate, especially with 2 years off. I’m a constant 1.21 on old s**t tyres and Chinese suspension so hoping to sail through 1.20’s when I’m next up there.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Yep same class so I’m taking my P2 as a win 😂
He gets to battle for overall glory as well I guess.

You’ll easily be in the 1.20s with proper tyres my last PB was 1.18.2 with a standard engine.